Contract opportunity-Seattle area
Interview-Phone or if local onsite
Rate-Best Possible all-inclusive
Looking for a Virtualization Administrator (Analyst), who wants the opportunity to design and implement highly-scalable virtual solutions within a large enterprise environment and drive Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) initiatives. The Virtualization Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, and operational support of enterprise x86 virtual server and workstation platforms across the organization ensuring high levels of data quality, availability, and security. They are responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure virtual servers adhere with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The right candidate will be highly motivated and self-directed and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Designs hypervisor virtualization solutions based on best practices for scale up and out.
• Works with vendors to understand the applications, strategies and roadmaps for current, updated, and emerging technologies.
• Drives automation initiatives for VM creation, configuration, and provisioning.
• Develops business cases to justify strategic investment in systems architecture, including analysis of future growth and cost reduction opportunities.
• Provides technical engineering and design review for new server systems, applications, infrastructure, and hardware.
• Identifies and reports Key Performance Indicators, focusing on capacity planning and performance analysis.
• Administers VMware hosts and guests with multiple operating systems, including provisioning, monitoring, and P2V or V2V migrations.
• Provides proactive maintenance and support of virtualization server hardware and hypervisor, including patching and driver / firmware updates.
• Provides third-level support for incident resolution related to virtual server infrastructure.
• Tests and implements new tools to better manage virtual server infrastructure.
• Coordinates and participates in key process improvements and develop long-term strategic goals for operating system and hypervisor platforms in conjunction with system/data owners and department managers.
• Cross-functional collaboration to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands.
• Implements policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security.
• Manages and maintains Client-based systems and systems software.
• Provides 24x7x365 on-call pager support and work weekends and/or holidays, as necessary.
• Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary.
• Current administrative experience in VMware technologies.
• Strong experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows and RHEL servers, networks, and clusters in an enterprise environment.
• Current hands-on experience with hardware and software troubleshooting.
• Understanding of database management systems such as Oracle and MS SQL.
• Understanding of network stack and fundamentals.
• Experience working with Fibre Channel SAN, and NFS based storage arrays.
• Comfortable making scripted changes across a large enterprise environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer-service focus.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong technical documentation and writing skills.
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is highly preferred.
• Microsoft MCSE, MCITP, Redhat RHCSA, or RHCE certification is a plus.
Last updated on Aug 18, 2017