Desktop Support Specialist
Job Number: 23-02957
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Desktop Support Specialist for our client in Rochester, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide IT technical support for all approved end-user computer hardware, software and related technologies.
- Support also includes the scheduling and installation of approved hardware and software to meet customer and organizational needs.
- Also require independent analysis and problem solving as well as great customer service skills.
- As a Support Tech, expert computer skills and knowledge is crucial to assist client’s computer users in efficient and easy hardware set-up, software installation and troubleshooting.
- Acts as a liaison with end-user for computer related issues and escalations.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting customers to assess and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Install and configure computers, monitors, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, smartphones and other related hardware.
- Upgrade operating systems and software.
- Assist with new project requests as needed.
- Create and update documentation as needed.
- Track and document, within the ticketing system, progress and steps taken to resolve issues.
- Performs and assists in hardware and software maintenance services.
- Report on trends.
- Participate in the major incident identification and resolution process.
- Maintains a high degree of computer expertise.
- Troubleshoots and resolves tickets for issues and requests for new mobile equipment, features, and functionality for customer's in-person, remotely, and by phone support.
- Maintains mobile device inventory management.
- Provides Level I technical support in assisting IT Support Services team members with setup, configuration, maintenance, and reported problems for mobile devices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer Management. Install and configure computers, monitors and related hardware required for new installations and office reconfiguration
- Customer Service. Act as a liaison with end-user computer customers; act as a technical resource in assisting customers to resolve hardware and software problems; perform data extraction and transfer procedures
- System Management. Assist in the planning and monitoring of Systems Support expenses; upgrade operating systems and software; create and modify documentation where required
- Strong customer service skills
- Exceptional computer skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-3 years of Information Technology experience
Salary: $46k - $48k/yr.
If interested, you may contact:
Ashly Velasco | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Last updated on Nov 8, 2023