New Journey, a Genesis10 company, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with our client in their Hondo, TX location. This is a direct hire position.
Work Schedule: The shift for this position is: Monday through Thursday 10 am-8 pm CST and a half day on Friday from 9-1 pm CST.
New Journey is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the Manufacturing Engineer role. They will be responsible for various projects and initiatives to support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes. Constantly develop, implement, monitor, and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and workflow. Develop new and evaluate existing processes, materials, tooling, and equipment; evaluate new methods to reduce cost; improve process sustainability; and develop best practices. Manage Engineering solutions, validation, and implementation. Has supervisory responsibilities.
- Develops, configures, and standardizes processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintains reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
- Evaluate and develop innovative solutions to manufacturing challenges.
- Maintains a high level of coordination and communicates all projects between differing departments, operating at the strategic and working level.
- Supports quality control activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Reviews and approves item specific work instruction following established procedures.
- Manages the routing and Bill of Material (BOM) requirements and executes launch of new products through all areas as determined by the pre-identified process requirements.
- Manages data accuracy for costing of new product including routing, times, yields and weights.
- Implements changes in product line items and develops understanding of products care abouts and overall design intent.
- Organizes resources at a planning and working level between key departments and contributes to programs focused on product development and process improvements.
- Leads in planning meetings to determine engineering requirements for new products and product improvements.
- Manages problem-solving activities using appropriate tools such as Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Manages and coordinates cross-functional projects independently and leads project teams.
- Identifies, analyzes, selects, and recommends methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Manages within an approved project budget; makes proposals if needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Manufacturing, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Metallurgy.
- 3 years relevant engineering experience.
- Must have manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when business needs require.
- Ability to travel to other work locations as needed.
- Professional certifications (Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, etc.).
- Leadership or supervisory experience.
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking skills
- Only candidates available and ready to work directly as New Journey employees will be considered for this position.
Range: The salary range for this position is $85,000-105,000. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This range is subject to change.
About New Journey/Genesis10:
New Journey, a Genesis10 company, is a leader in staffing, providing opportunities in light industrial, finance/accounting, financial services, human resources, data, administrative, autonomous vehicles, business operations, and legal, amongst others. These opportunities provide professional growth with direct-hire, contract, & contract-to-hire roles at Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies.
Benefits of working with New Journey include:
- Weekly pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Behavioral Health Platform
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity (Critical Illness & Accident)
- Sick Pay (for applicable states/municipalities)
- Commuter Benefits (Dallas, NYC, SF)
Our team of experienced recruiters can help you find the ideal job to help you build your career. We care about people. We care about you. To learn more and to view all of our available career opportunities, please find us by searching "New Journey AI
New Journey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Last updated on Nov 13, 2023