The Project Manager will perform all the duties and responsibilities required for an ITS Expert Project Manager. This includes managing large complex projects and developing and obtaining approval for primary project artifacts, such as the Scope, Cost Plan, and Schedule, and for successfully completing all required project deliverables.
The consultant will be performing Formal Project Management tasks including, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the project's business functional areas involving executive and business teams, ITS Leadership, Vendor, and technical teams to develop and manage the project scope and other project management plans (PMP), approach, resource requirements and allocation, schedule, deliverables, and funding.
- Provide guidance to project teams on day-to- day project tasks.
- Develop the program's formal project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Follow the standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation for all projects being managed within the NYS Project Management Office (PMO).
- Identify, schedule, and manage project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities and drive accountability to project team members.
- Direct and coordinate complex business requirements deliveries, business process reengineering and organizational change activities.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project resources to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Track project-related costs and expenditures.
- Facilitate large project governance and executive status meetings, project team status meetings, scrums, and recurring agile meetings by defining agendas and running meetings effectively.
- Aggregate status updates from project team members, track schedules, and manage risks and issues as required.
- Prepare executive project status reports and keep the team, management and all stakeholders informed of project status and related issues, resolving and escalating as necessary.
- Manage scope and the project change request process (PCR), coordinating decision process of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
- Track and maintain project and technical documentation.
- Manage and maintain project information in ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) system, ITS/PMSS system of record for all services. Follow established Secure System Development Life Cycle (SSDLC).
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Expert 84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months of experience as a Project Manager managing application development projects that include Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) projects and/or in-house, and ensuring vendor delivers expeditious and thorough implementation of version upgrades, installations, configurations, custom development, triage, troubleshooting incidents, and testing, with projects adhering to the Secure System Development Life Cycle development (SSDLC).
- 84 months of experience as a Project Manager managing project execution and control, including creating and maintaining the following: project budgets, project schedules in MS Project, project scope, status reports, communication plans, project management plan, quality standards throughout the project management lifecycle from initiation to closeout.
- 84 months of experience in developing and managing formal project schedules in a project tracking tool, such as Microsoft Project, including tracking progress and variances against baselines utilizing both Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies; using standard PM techniques (e.g., scrum sessions) to update project schedule; and presenting schedule/status updates to both ITS and client agency leaderships.
- 84 months of experience developing, writing and managing detailed Scope Documents, reviewing project deliverables and managing the deliverables acceptance process and using the project scope and deliverable management process to manage the project change request process.
- 84 months experience with project quality planning, quality assurance, end-to-end system testing, quality control, user acceptance testing (UAT) defect and metrics management, and quality governance.
- 84 months of experience managing and leading multi-phased, high visibility projects, and reporting to the highest-level government IT projects in a State or Federal agency.
- College degree - Bachelor's degree, ITS related, etc.
- Active PMP Certification
- 36 months post PMP project management experience implementing business process reengineering and organizational change management projects