Wireless Network Engineer
Job Number: 23-02365
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Wireless Network Engineer for our client in Huntington, WV.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Reporting to the Manager of Technical Services, the Wireless Network Engineer assists with the design, implementation, and support of the organization's network and IT infrastructure.
- This position is a technical resource that contributes to the setup and repair of wireless network infrastructure, including the monitoring of network performance and resolution of network-based issues.
- Additional responsibilities include participating in disaster recovery procedures, enabling data security, safeguarding network software and hardware, and replacing faulty hardware as necessary.
- The Wireless Network Engineer may also oversee large projects of high complexity.
- Oversees and supports daily administration of the organization's wireless network and infrastructure.
- Maintains physical components of networks, including cables, access points, switches, routers, and other network devices.
- Designs and implements networking and telecommunication infrastructure, and supports network equipment such as: routers, firewalls, switches, circuits, servers, racks, access points and any other relevant hardware.
- Maintains hardware and software such as: servers (physical and virtual), virtualization platform, VOIP phones, firewalls, and any other relevant hardware and software.
- Maintains all remote offices to the organization and their wireless connectivity including but not limited to telehealth devices, measuring devices and instruments, and other networked devices.
- Monitors and tests network performance, troubleshoots network problems and outages, and provides reports on relevant network statistics.
- Configures network devices according to appropriate security standards, monitors security measures in place, and resolves security issues as necessary.
- Configures, tests, and maintains network hardware and software.
- Manages licenses for servers and software.
- Ensures all network hardware is patched and updated, coordinating maintenance and downtime as necessary.
- Coordinates the implementation of new and upgraded software to network devices, performs appropriate testing and change management procedures.
- Supports help desk staff with tickets related to network issues.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Assists with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support of wireless network hardware and software, including: routers, switches, circuits, LANs, WANs, servers, hubs, and any other relevant pieces.
- Conducts routine audits of hardware and software.
- Performs physical network AP on a stick surveys to assist in placement of wireless network devices at current and future locations.
- Performs in place
- Designs the placement of wireless network devices and infrastructure requirements based on physical surveys to assist with new build or current system optimization.
- Assists with the creation of standard operating procedures for equipment installation and retirement.
- Assists with the creation of standard operating procedures for network support.
- Creates documentation for network configuration, network mapping, processes, and incident resolution.
- Provides guidance to IT leadership regarding network connectivity, issues of increasing traffic, and determining the path between hosts.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, networking, or related IT field, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Relevant certification (CCNA, Network+, Relevant Microsoft Certifications) is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in managing networks and IT infrastructure is required.
- Hospital or healthcare experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, network, and peripheral.
- Knowledge of VOIP phone deployment and voicemail setup.
- Knowledge of various cable types.
- HPE Aruba Access Points and Switches.
- HPE Aruba ClearPass or other industry NACK.
- HPE Aruba AirWave.
- Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Ekahau surveying software and tools
- Excellent network, server, and PC troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals.
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal are required.
- Customer service and interpersonal skills needed for working with clinicians and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively about complex matters with others who have varying levels of education.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Advanced skill level with MS Office.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Homer Ballega | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.