We are currently seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to join an extremely reputable, family-run SME based in Birmingham. Your role is to own, build and develop procurement, supply and stock management activities of Consumable(s) for Manufacturing and goods for resale to meet customer requirements including liaison and negotiation with suppliers, sourcing products from a global supply base and developing a tendering programme that further enhances our supply partnerships.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop and grow into a Purchasing Manager role within a Business delivering YonY growth.
You will also be responsible to deliver cost savings and process improvements and ensuring that the company’s competitive position is maintained and enhanced at all times.
Key duties and responsibilities....
- Manage and build relationships with existing suppliers and identify new alternative suppliers
- Negotiate most advantageous commercial terms including maximising rebate agreements and early payment discounts to achieve product cost saving targets
- Liaise with suppliers to achieve supplier conformance to requirements
- Identify best routes of source, yielding improved BP and savings.
- Working with Product Design and R&D on product rationalisation and using this where possible to negotiate improved BP.
- Raising, placing and expediting of purchase orders to ensure adequate stock for product at all times – to include system maintenance and review.
- Maintain relevant reporting systems and define action plan. Eg. Supplier Savings reported – monthly
- Supplier Meetings recorded and shared – weekly
- Represent the Company to suppliers, customers and others in a professional and courteous manner
- A positive can do attitude
- Analytical and methodical in approach
- A desire to grow and develop within a Business that rewards success and loyalty
- Procurement experience within a purchasing team ideally gained in a fast moving, customer-focused business
- Education to AS/A Level standard and/or 4 to 5 Grade A-C GCSE’s
- Demonstrable knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown and evidence of cost savings achieved
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- A proactive approach with regards to cost saving and efficiency opportunities
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with proven ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong problem solving abilities.
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and company software program, preferably SAP Business One experience
- Ability to manage time, work to schedules and follow procedures
- Salary- £30,000- £35,000
- Hours- Monday- Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-4pm
- Onsite Parking
Last updated on Apr 26, 2023