Interview : 2 Hour Skype Interview with Coding exercise
Working with their Enterprise Search and Visual Intelligence team. They primarily need a good Object Oriented Dev with focus on C# (or Python) as their primary strength and ideally some cloud (AWS preferred) and web programming exp preferred.
They will be working on projects like new Search Filters for images and such on the Gettyimages.com site. Thins like colors, tones and other content results or images, predicting behavior of users based on prior search history and Recommendations based on usage and search decisions. This is their Visual Intelligence team, which has about 6 people on it.
While they like Computer Vision and related experience, they just need solid Devs that will implement Algorithm and such from the data science teams.
Here is a description taken from a former Dev's profile on LI that might be helpful as well:• Developing innovative products leveraging machine learning models to serve more compelling and relevant images to our customers.• Creating scalable, containerized microservices in .NET Core C#, Python, Scala, using Docker and AWS ECS.• Automating deployments using GitLab CI and Terraform against AWS services including CloudFront, API Gateway, ECS, EC2, Elasticache, Route53.the visint team we're working with computer vision algorithms to classify our images and enhance our user experiences. We're working on projects like:
The expectations for our candidate are:
- classifying assets by visual style
- using facial recognition to enhance our search results diversity
- predicting future visual trends using machine learning and AI
- using computer vision to add new metadata to images
Justification: Getty is taking over PicScout products due to closure of PicScout office.Who You Are:You are an excellent developer who uses the right technology to solve real problems. Software craftsmanship means something to you. You want to collaborate with smart people focusing on customer value delivery. You are passionate about image recognition technology. Problem domain of visual search fascinates you. You are experienced developing highly distributed and scalable visual-content-based applications. You've worked with service-oriented architectures and consumed APIs. You know REST. You are agile and look for opportunities to improve delivery flow.Your Next Challenge:
- wants to use new technology to solve hard problems
- passion for computer vision and search algorithms
- experience with Big Data is an asset
- experience with machine learning libraries like TensorFlow is an asset
What You'll Need:Basic Qualifications
- Developing end-to-end solutions to resolve scaling & distribution architectural problems
- Working at the top of coding-standards, continuous-integration and continuous delivery methodologies
- Using TDD to deliver testable and tested code
- Working with development team and operations to support and troubleshoot development and production environments, tune and optimize code.
- Participating in a fast-moving agile process
- Pushing for improvement to process and results
- Some travel may be required
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Thorough understanding of OO programming, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and experience with C++/C#/Java/Python in production
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and No-SQL (Redis, Mongo, MemCache) in production
- Knowledge and experience with message broker software (RMQ, MSQ) in production
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data, Deep Learning framework (Caffe, etc.) are valued
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working and deploying within Windows and Linux
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with paired programming
- Personal initiative, strong communication skills
Lean Product Development
- Experience with computer vision algorithm such as Scale-invariant feature transform (SIFT)
- Experience with data presentation tool such as Tableau, etc.
- Public/Private Cloud infrastructure experience - such as AWS, OpenStack, etc.