Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
- Support Replacement MMIS Technical and Project Manager(s) and development leads with Development, implementation and integration of a robust Provider management system;
- Ensure that component planning/activities are aligned with the Integration Strategy;
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts on the provider and integration component requirements of the Replacement MMIS Initiative
- Collaborate with SCDHHS agency staff and vendors on the implementation requirements of the provider integration for the Replacement MMIS.
Work environment and other skills:
Software Developer (Java):
- Prior experience working in areas of emerging technology and driving new points of view and capabilities.
- Experience with defining and creating highly functional design and coding in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Experience in robust development ensuring low defect products and the ability to articulate the design and implementation details in a way that is clearly understandable across a wide range of personnel with differing backgrounds and levels.
- Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions
- Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
- Must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
- Able to work independently and provide updates to management
- Excellent problem-solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
- Experience delivering in waterfall, scrum, agile, and other methodologies
- 6+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade technical solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Integration architecture experience with MuleSoft, ServiceMix or any equivalent.
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
- Knowledge of Open-Source architectures and/or past contributions to open-source projects
- Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
- Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using openAPI and REST based APIs
- Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
- Bachelor of Science Degree in any field