Duration: 6 months contractJob Description:
· Knowledge in data access, use of database tools, data modeling concepts, data mapping, database analysis, primary keys, indexing, data integrity issues, metadata, dataflow and project management.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must as this position involves collaboration with teams across the organization and external resources.
· The chosen individual will be a self-motivated and self-directed analyst to drive the design and development of data analytics tools and reports.
· This position requires excellent data analysis skills and a big-picture perspective.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills and experience working to develop, implement and interpret complex data and processes(i.e. provider profiles, statistical utilization analyses, NSF/ANSI file specifications, HIPAA legislation. Test Planning
· Build Data Quality and Reporting specific Test Plans
· Establish SLA's and standards of performance with the users
· Define appropriate standards, workflows, audit requirements, etc… Extraction Validation and Data Transformation Validation
· Data Model Validation
· Source Extraction Logic Validation
· Referential Integrity
· Load validation – check business rule logic for one-time and incremental Report Validation
· Layout validation
· Report data validation (SQL against DB to compare)
· Navigation through Drill Up, Drill Down
· Compatibility on multiple browsers
· CSS Validation, where applicable /Web testing: Functionality testing. Ensure web formatting/ styling testing (CSS)/ html
· Security – right people only see the right stuff Performance
· Batch Job performance
· Report Job performance
· Responsiveness of the reports interactively Automation
· Work with QMO Automation team to build automation scripts (or have them built) User-acceptance testing
· Coordinate user acceptance testing Responsibilities:
· Responsible for defining and implementing a data quality methodology and standards required for the program.
· Act as the primary liaison between business team and developers for data quality issues, opportunities.
· Assist and coordinate assessments and implementations of data quality standards and solutions.
· Manage and execute the creation and distribution of data quality reports.
· Work with development team to correct data quality errors.
· Determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
· Develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality.
· Participate in reviews of data models, data mapping documents, and ETL design and coding.
· Develop complex SQL queries for querying data against different databases and source files for data verification process such as checking for duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
· Develop scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools as required executing test plans
· Communicate defects identified in testing environment to the developers and ensure they are documented using the agreed upon defect tracking tool.
· Manage scope to ensure that perceived defects are actually requirement defects and not something that would be 'nice to have, but we forgot to ask. Skills and Comfort areas:
· Establish/implement/ensure data quality and best practices
· Plan/coordinate testing environments & infrastructure
· Plan/develop automated frameworks to adhere to data quality.
· Plan and create test data sets/scenarios, including the creation of flat files and excel sheet to use as data sources.
· Identify and mitigate risks/issues related to data quality.
· Ensure alignment of data quality/test plans to business case/value
· Develop, document and implement risk mitigation plans specific to QA
· Design processes for reporting and communicating the data/report QA status
· Execute test status reports and communicate to appropriate audiences
· Communicate potential issues to appropriate audiences
· Document test results and ensure adherence to test reporting standards
· Ensure compliance with applicable data quality standards and best practices
· Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate ETL processes, source, staging, data warehouse, and data marts tables and reports data for backend database testing.
· Perform data analysis of ETL processes by writing complex SQL queries to validate reports against the database. Including performing Count Validation, Source Isolation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
· Interact with Business users and developers to understand the functional requirements including test source data preparation, writing test cases to test data completeness, data transformations, data quality, data aggregations− match aggregated data against staging tables and/or ODS, and granularity of data is as per specifications, providing feedback to designers and developers. Position Requirements:
- Formal Quality Assurance (QA) experience and utilization of typical testing tools and processes.
- Excellent SQL skills, including defining, executing, and interpreting complex/nested SQL queries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Webfocus/ Tableau or some other some data reporting plaform(s) desired
- Experience with Data profiling tools like Information Analyzer or other tools like query surge a plus.
- Experience in an Agile/ SCRUM development environment/process.
- Proficient with JIRA for defect tracking defects and reporting.
- Good data analysis and debugging skills
- Experience in data and BI testing with strong data analysis, SQL & data analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge on ETL and BI processes preferred.