High Tech High Chula Vista
Reports To: School Director
FLSA Classification: Certificated, 190-day
Full Time/Part Time Status: Salary, full time, exempt
Salary: Teacher Framework (Steps 1-32) Range: $59,107 - $94,503. Salary is commensurate with experience and education level.
Developed by a coalition of San Diego civic leaders and educators, High Tech High opened in September 2000 as a small public charter school with plans to serve approximately 450 students. HTH has evolved into an integrated network of sixteen charter schools serving approximately 6,350 students in grades K-12 across four campuses.
Located in San Diego County, California, High Tech High (HTH) is guided by four connected design principles—equity, personalization, authentic work, and collaborative design—that set aspirational goals and create a foundation for understanding our approach. If you are motivated by these principles, we encourage you to join our team!
HTH seeks an Education Specialist to serve as an essential support to meet the needs of students with disabilities in the general education setting.
Education Specialists provide assessment services and, if needed, develop, implement, and supervise Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). In collaboration with classroom teachers and parents/guardians, Education Specialists support and monitor student progress towards IEP goals, and play a crucial role in communicating needs, services, and accommodations to staff and parents/guardians.
● Provide individuals instruction and support to students with special needs in a general education setting
● Support general education teachers by developing related goals and objectives, planning, and implementation strategies to meet the needs of students with IEPs
● Provide accommodations for students with individual needs to encourage learning and success
● Identifies and supports students’ social, emotional and behavioral learning needs
● Implements Project-based Learning techniques and strategies
● Facilitates and designs effective group work amongst students
● Fosters student growth through semi-annual Student-led Conferences (SLC) and Presentations of Learning (POL)
● Scaffolds instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
● Creates relevant and authentic learning experiences
● Provides opportunities for student engagement through “Voice and Choice”
● Implements backward design to align all lessons, activities and assessments
● Designs formal and informal assessments that measure student progress
The ideal candidate would possess the following competencies:
● Inform and communicate effectively with students, families and staff
● Ability to demonstrate content knowledge, including California Common Core Standards
● Exhibits knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles
● Organization skills
● Presentation and large group discussion skills
● Ability to provide strong emotional support to students and families
● Ability to manage diversity
● Speak and write succinctly using plan language
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Basic Skills (CBEST)
● California or Out-of-State/Country Credential
● 1+year working with students as a Teacher, Intern, or Academic Coach preferred
● English Learner Authorization, or CLAD, preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor's Degree
● Valid California Education Specialist Teaching Credential or Out-of-state teaching license
* Medical, dental and vision insurance (elective)
* AFLAC supplemental insurance (elective)
* Section 125 Flexible Spending Account (FSA) (elective)
* California State Teacher Retirement Plan (CalSTRS) (mandatory)
* 403(b) Plan and group life insurance (elective)
* No cost after-care for K-8 HTH students of staff members; and
* No cost Teacher Induction for certificated staff
If you fit the qualifications above and are looking for a forward-thinking, innovative institution that embodies visionary leadership and embraces diversity, then High Tech High is the place for you!
High Tech High provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, High Tech High complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the practice has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.