The Manager of the Electrical Engineering team is responsible for providing world-class electrical engineering and project management support across multiple capital projects throughout the enterprise along with oversight of multiple electrical project managers. Enterprise Engineering Services is comprised of the Mechanical, General Engineering, Electrical and Automation teams.
The position also serves as a technical resource for electrical teams on capital projects, non-capital projects, and overall operational excellence initiatives across the enterprise.
The role requires management and leadership for electrical design, project estimates and budgeting, contractor and equipment selection, and other project management roles in the enterprise's aggregate line of business.
Manager, Electrical Engineering Job Responsibilities :
- Support safety culture by adhering to and monitoring for regulatory compliance with the company's safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee employees who complete the electrical design, manage electrical construction, and commission electrical equipment for projects.
- Ensure accuracy in the electrical specifications for construction and equipment procurement.
- Review contracts, bids, and vendor selection.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional operations and corporate support teams on issues critical to project success and the business process.
- Responsible for electrical scope, budgets, and bid documents related to EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) related projects.
- Adhere to OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in project management or electrical design.
- Experience with the specification, selection, installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, and maintenance of medium and low voltage industrial power distribution equipment, such as motors, transformers, switchgear, Variable Frequency Drives, soft starters, and Motor Control Centers.
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of the NFPA 70/70E and applicable industrial electrical standards (UL, ISA, IEEE, NEMA, etc.)
- Experience with AutoCAD software for electrical design required. Experience with MS Project or other Gantt-chart type of software preferred.
- Strong management and motivational skills; established leader capable of developing people and performance teams.
- Strong project management skills; project budget and schedule oversight experience.
- Experience with successful execution of capital construction projects in mining environments is highly desirable.
- Experience managing design-build or EPC-style of large, complex capital construction projects is also highly desirable.
- Experience with the preparation of project scope documents, technical specifications, and RFQ packages related to construction projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel 30 - 60%.