Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre
launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies
Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here
Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We've gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like "senior" or "director," and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
Qonto has grown a 60+ data team with Data Engineers, BI, and Data Scientists working together to deliver great dashboards, reports, and data products. Now is the time for Qonto to strengthen its data foundations. Qonto is looking for its Lead Data Engineer to build its next-generation data platform.
Our vision of the Data platform
The data platform covers three key functions: governance, ingestion and data modelling. You only ingest the data Qontoers need: this is data governance. You rely on a modern data stack to ingest the data: airflow, dbt and snowflake. And you craft nice and discoverable tables and fields to be used widely at Qonto: this is data modelling. You serve all data teams: BI, Data Science, and Data Products.
There are 12 engineers in the data platform team divided into data engineers and analytics engineers.
Leading a data platform team means leading a team of 2 to 8 engineers
👩💻🧑💻What you will achieve in this role in your first year
- Simplify the data model: during your first year, you will focus on the analytics engineering part. Analytics engineers are building two key inner layers of the data model — the core and reference layers. Then, you will likely switch to leading hybrid teams composed of data and analytics engineers
- Organize your team delivery: how to make sure the core tables you deliver match the needs of data analysts? What prioritisation system to adopt?
- Coach and Grow your team: being a Lead at Qonto means setting your team for success
- Make your team shine inside and outside Qonto: you ingest clean data, transform them into nice documented tables, self-discoverable by every Qontoers. What a success! The incidents have nearly vanished and you feel proud of your team. How about you spread the word and share the key ingredients of your success?
🛠 Tech Stack:
- Our primary language is Python, our core platform consists of a Snowflake data warehouse, fueled primarily by an on site Airflow instance running on a Kubernetes cluster. Data is centralized through custom-orchestrated batch jobs, with S3 as our intermediary lake. Data modelization is enabled thanks to an orchestrated dbt repository and quality validation results of a mix of tests using Great Expectations and dbt. We took advantage of ELK forlogging and monitoring as well as Airflow’s internal database.
🤔 What you can expect
- Join Qonto who is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025.
- Develop dozens of customer-impacting innovative data products ranging from understanding better our clients, to Qonto app killer features
- Work with a top-notch team
- Leverage our values and our culture of continuous improvement to boost your impact as a leader
🤝 Your Future Manager
, VP of Data, will be the one to help you succeed
- His background?
Before joining Qonto, Jérémie was an associate professor at Telecom Paris and Telecom SudParis. He led data teams for some of France's most reputed digital companies and still advises several deep tech startups. He teaches at Ecole Polytechnique and co-authored over 50 scientific papers.
- What does he bring to the team?
Jérémie defines a clear vision and path to success for our data platform, BI, data science analytics, and data products teams. He ensures they operate efficiently and have a smooth collaboration with other departments at Qonto. He also helps them continuously learn new skills while improving their existing ones and is still very involved in the hiring of his teams.
- Management: You have a few years of experience in managing teams of Data and Analytics Engineers
- Mastery: You are familiar with data pipeline tools (airflow, dbt, etc.), modern data architectures, and data governance processes
- Simplicity and quality: You prefer simple solutions and are obsessed with quality
- Languages: You are fluent in English. French is a plus.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.