Quality Lab TechnicianJoin the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Quality Lab Technician for our client in Greenville, OH. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Job Number: 23-02658
Eclaro's client is a leading component manufacturer with a portfolio of oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, performance products, agricultural products and fine chemicals. Their customer base includes many diverse industries and markets, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, textile, construction and automotive industries. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Perform analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods, in a timely manner, to verify conformance to or prescribe appropriate adjustment to product so they meet specifications that have been agreed upon by company and the customers or suppliers.
- Associate must be willing to work in a team-oriented atmosphere. This includes learning all tasks and equipment associated with product testing, helping coordinate the flow of work within the team and with other departments, and helping team associates to meet changing work demands (i.e. go where the work is).
- Quality Assurance Testing of raw materials, intermediates, and finished latex products for the Company Corp.
- Plant within the scope of the Company Quality Policy and ISO 9001 Quality Management System using appropriate software to evaluate data based on internal and external specifications.
- Support the continuous improvement of lab and plant processes through QA / QC activities and meet and / or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and other chemical samples and evaluate suitability according to established specifications to ensure quality and availability of final product.
- Analyze samples, provide quality data and become an active member along with the Lab Supervisor and Production Personnel to provide innovative ideas to improve lab and plant processes and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Know, understand and use software tools such as Lotus Notes, IQS Proficient, SAP, Microsoft Office Programs, etc. which enhance quality reporting.
- Ensure the suitability of laboratory equipment through proper operation, maintenance, calibration, verification and good quality control and assessment activities.
- Generate quality data and significant statistical data to support plant personnel in their efforts to enhance process control, meet customer requirements and continuously improve our product quality characteristics.
- Perform all wet chemistry tests on applicable products.
- Perform Coatings application test for applicable products.
- Analyze and record the test results in Quest Database / COA generation.
- Interpret and follow documented procedures, all corresponding TMs, SOPs, JTAs ECPs.
- Effectively communicate batch results to the appropriate personnel.
- Participate in safe work practices.
- Perform equipment control plan to verify conformance.
- Prescribe appropriate batch adjustments required to bring product in specification.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Perform effectively in a team-based environment.
- Perform all required health and safety inspections at prescribed frequencies.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team, understand chemical and instrument measurement processes, be self-motivated, and willing to develop technical knowledge and understanding of the chemical and measurement processes involved in the manufacture of styrene butadiene dispersions products.
- Basic understanding of theory, operation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation such as gas chromatographs, viscometers, spectrophotometers, pH meters, moisture solids analyzers, etc.
- Basic understanding of the techniques of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Basic understanding of math and statistics.
- Basic understanding of ISO / RCMS quality system requirements.
- Basic computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, Infinity QS Proficient (SPC software), SAP, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Computer literate; scientific minded and detail oriented.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Experience with emulsion polymerization products.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of general chemistry.
- Previous quality control experience including SPC and spray experience.
- 2 years of Chemistry related experience.
- Experience in paint / chemical environment.
If interested, you may contact:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
William Perry | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Last updated on Oct 10, 2023