About LINE MAN Wongnai
LINE MAN Wongnai is Thailand’s Leading On-Demand Delivery and Lifestyle e-Commerce platform services. We build technology to help Thai people live better, to empower all local businesses by creating an end-to-end food ecosystem through our channel LINE MAN and Wongnai. Connected consumers, riders, and local businesses and improved the daily life of all parties with restaurants nationwide. And because we are local, we provide the deepest variety and services that are tailor-made for Thai people.
Staff Software Engineer (AdTech)
Our AdTech team at LMWN is building the next generation digital marketing solutions specially designed for Thai people. We help 500K+ Thai businesses to have access to an easy-to-use and cost-effective platform to increase market exposure, create brand awareness, grow new customers, and re-engage with 10M+ Thai consumers on LINE MAN and Wongnai platforms.
Our AdTech solutions consist of the frontend system for businesses to create ad campaigns, the ad ranking system that recommends the right ad at the right time in the right place, the ad pacing system that help control ad frequency, the ad indexing service that support low-latency ad requests, the ad inventory system that displays ad on consumer apps, and the ad tracking system to collect data and provide feedback loop to the core systems.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our AdTech team. You will play a key role in our end-to-end product development process including understanding business problems, researching for solutions, designing scalable architecture, and implementing codes with high-standard software engineering practices.
What you’ll Do:
- You will work with a diverse group of talented people from Thai, Singapore, and China in a hybrid workplace environment.
- You will design and build AdTech solutions that meet the needs of both businesses and consumers. We want to help businesses reach the right audience at the right time. We want to recommend food and services that are relevant to consumers. And we must tackle both challenges while making the platform economically sustainable.
- You will bring your greatest empathy for Thai people into your solutions design. You understand the uniqueness of Thai local businesses, large and small, as well as Thai consumers behavior, and put it into consideration.
- You will always start from a deep understanding of our AdTech business challenges. You will work closely with our Product Manager to understand the business context, what is the problem we are trying to solve, and why it matters.
- You will mostly work on backend systems, but you have a good understanding of frontend and mobile development enough to give some guidance to the team.
- You will spend 50% of the time on non-code contributions, and 50% on hands-on coding. You will spend most of the coding time doing pair programming with the team in order to assess the health of our code base, to observe our team’s software engineering practices, and most importantly, to give mentoring and coaching.
- You will also work closely with our Data Science team to integrate AI/ML capabilities with our AdTech solutions. You will build systems to help us perform A/B testing and online model evaluation effectively.
- You will keep your coding skills sharp and ready. When the team is struggling with a production issue, you are not afraid to get your hands dirty and help digging deep into the root cause, and guide the team through a blameless post-mortem.
- You will be our Engineer Manager’s partner-in-crime. You will regularly give feedback about how the team is doing, and what we can improve as a team.
- You will also help us build a community of LMWN engineers that supports each other to keep learning, and enables its members to achieve more than what they can do alone.
What you’ll Need:
- Good command of English: TOEIC 800+.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or IT-related fields.
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development, or in the IT industry.
- Solid coding and debugging skills – – You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy willing to learn more. We mainly use Java and Go on the backend, and TypeScript with React on the frontend.
- Hands-on experience to design, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor APIs, event-driven micro-services, and large-scale distributed systems, running on Kubernetes cluster.
- Expertise in Agile and DevOps practices including CI/CD, TDD, and pair programming.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills and willing to learn mindset.
- Being a fast learner – We are looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business. environment.
- Able to communicate in EnglishClear communication
- Courage of conviction
It’d be Great if you have: (If any)
- Experience in advertising systems and digital marketing business e.g. Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
- Good understanding of Elasticsearch or other inverted index systems.
- Foundational understanding of AI/ML technology.
- Track record of coaching and growing a team of software engineers.
- Basic knowledge of frontend/mobile development and Design Thinking.
- Basic Chinese communication skills (HSK3) is a plus.
- Good command of English: TOEIC 800 is a plus
Last updated on Sep 29, 2022