It is certainly expected that you take time to read the complete description and instructions given below before applying.
Salary Range: Rs.15,000 - 25,000 per month depending on your experience and capability. Please do not apply if this does not meet your requirement. If you are interested, please read further. Thank you for your understanding.
Essential qualities for this position:
- Companies may be judged by the appearance of their staff. You are expected to work in a neat, punctual and orderly manner and must present yourself professionally. (How you speak with your colleagues/bankers/customers/suppliers, how punctual you are to the timings/milestones, how well dressed you are, how organized your desk is - all these things matter)
- Subhiksha's highlight is "Value for money". It doesn't matter if you hare handling Rs.100 or Rs.10,00,000 - money (whether it is customer's or companies') must be treated with respect and professionalism
- You may be given direct access to the cash, and hence you must exhibit qualities to prove that you are trustworthy to do this job. Even a small breach of trust might tarnish your reputation beyond repair
- You need to be a well aware and alert person at all times. You must be pro-active to analyze statements/cash flows/payables and be shrewd enough to discuss any potential issues before they even arise
- Transactions, especially in Real estate/ Construction, are often complex and complicated due to customers changing their minds mid-transaction, asking for several transactions in a row or deciding to use more than one payment method, contractors claiming payments for multiple work orders all at once, suppliers placing payment receipts etc for which you may have to coordinate with different people within the office. Only if you exhibit the ability to handle pressure and be a team player, you will be able to prove yourself successful in this job
- You must be PUNCTUAL, DETAIL ORIENTED and SMART
- Equal preference will be given to men and women as long as you exhibit the qualities mentioned above
Qualification and experience:
- Experience working with Real Estate Developers / Construction companies or related industry is preferred
- B.Com with minimum 4 years work experience
- M.Com with minimum 2 years post PG work experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
- Very good Excel skills
- Must be very comfortable with computers, internet and working with technology / Knowledge in Tally essential
As the Accounts Assistant and Cashier, you will be responsible for tracking and recording all day to day working transactions of the company, handling the movement of monies, supporting the Accounts manager for adherence to all statutory compliances, supplier/vendor payables and receivables. You will be working under the direct control of an Accounts Manager and further report to the Executive Director & the Managing Director.
During the initial training period, you’d be assessed for your expertise/strengths in the following areas and a suitable path will be designed for you going forward.
General scope of responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of cash, bank, journal, purchase, contra, and sales
- Daily cash handling and end of business day reporting
- Interact with internal and external clients relating to out-standings, credit/debit notes, deductions, etc
- Supporting the accounts manager in properly maintaining the books of accounts
- Ensuring thorough statutory compliance by making timely payments of deducted and collected taxes viz Goods and Services Tax (GST), ESIC, Income Tax and following up with other provisions
- Supporting the Accounts manager in preparation of monthly payroll
- Work in the capacity of a Cashier on daily basis including reconciliation of cheques/cash deposits and cash withdrawals from the bank.
- Co-ordinate with all banks for matters related to company bank accounts and also Director’s personal bank accounts
- Collection of Cash/cheques from Customers and depositing to bank by end of day
- Preparation of appropriate receipts and advice for payments received/made
- Keeping a close watch on monthly lease/rental payments due from tenants / timely deposit of PDC’s in the banks and sending receipts to tenants on realization of cheques
- Preparation of various statements including reconciliation statements, monthly property expenses/income/revenue statements, payables/receivables etc
- Responsible for utility bill payments for all project sites (Electricity, Property tax, water tax etc), administrative expenses for office etc
- Handling disbursement of weekly subcontractor and labor payments
- Coordinating with Engineering/Projects department in forecasting payment outgo
- Taking care of IMPS/NEFT/RTGS requirements whenever they arise
Timings and location:
Being on time at the office is very, very essential for this position. Hence, those residing in and around Kodambakkam, Ashok Nagar, Vadapalani, Choolaimedu, T.Nagar or nearby areas are preferred unless you have a two-wheeler and can commit to being on time every day.
Monday to Friday: 9.30AM to 7.00PM with two coffee breaks (11.30AM & 4.30PM) and a lunch break (1.30 to 2.00PM).
Saturday: 9.30AM to 7.30PM with two coffee breaks (11.30AM & 4.30PM) and a lunch break (1.30 to 2.00PM). The reason for the extended timing being that the weekly sub-contractor payments will be processed on this day.
- We are a stable (started in 1986) and a growing concern. Though there might not be much room for starting monetary benefits, on you proving your value to our team, you may experience more benefits that are not only monetary.
- Please apply mentioning your realistic expected CTC to be considered for shortlisting
- You will be working under the Accounts Manager to whom you will have to report for day to day work
Please go through the following with utmost detail.
- We have been doing business since 1986 and have earned the trust and respect of our customers. We think this is because of our individual attention to their needs
- We are a small company by our own choice. At this stage, for us growth of our company is not only about getting bigger, it is about getting better
- There are many corporates, multinational companies and big players in the Real estate industry in Chennai. We are NOT one of them. PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE if you are only looking to work for a big company
- Our customers will say we are a small, family backed and trustworthy organization. If you derive personal and professional accomplishment working in a small, tight team with prime regard for professional ethics and customer satisfaction, PLEASE APPLY!
- We are looking for a long-term addition to our team
- Attention to detail is very, very important to us
- Interviews are appointment based
- Appointments will be communicated only through email
- Please avoid walk-ins
- Please avoid calling us to know your interview slot
- Please understand that this is being done only so that everyone has a smooth and organized experience
- Thank you for your co-operation!
- Vijay Sundar, Executive Director
Last updated on Aug 27, 2022