Intuition Machines builds Machine Learning, Data and Security products. We create and operate massively scalable systems to tackle some of today’s hardest problems. We apply our research to systems that serve hundreds of millions of people, with a team distributed around the world. We work cross-functionally, with light specs, small teams, and rapid iteration. Sounds appealing? Join us and make your mark in the field.
As Engineering Director you will be responsible for organizing engineering efforts. This means ensuring we ship what our customers need on time while maintaining high code quality, security, and service availability standards, and serving as a domain expert to review and guide architecture and implementation for our initiatives.
What will you do:
- Recruit, motivate, lead, and manage highly technical teams focused on delivering online security and machine learning products at scale
- Act as a liaison between product, engineering, customers, and sales to articulate and translate both complex business requirements and technology solutions into useful products
- Maintain high level of assurance and software quality standards while maintaining development velocity: availability is core to nearly every requirement
- Define, drive and govern automation and instrumentation to ensure we maintain high observability and automate break-fix as much as possible
- In partnership with sales and product teams, model go-to-market strategies for new offerings, oversee architecture, boost client acquisition capabilities, and improve delivery
- Put in place effective hiring and onboarding strategies
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience leading engineering teams of 20-60 people
- Familiarity with high availability and high security development processes, supported by strong knowledge of Python, NodeJS, and ideally C/C++, Go, or Rust
- Experience and demonstrated success with DevOps/systems integration, lightweight development practices, meeting strong SLAs, test-driven design in large scale internet-facing systems
- Familiarity with distributed systems design on orchestration platforms like Kubernetes: queue-first architectures, sharding, etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated architecture and business/product need mapping expertise (gather requirements, problem solve, and reason about the best way forward given needs, timeline, and available resources)
What do we offer:
- Fully remote position with flexible working hours #Li-remote.
- An inspiring team of colleagues spread all over the world.
- Pleasant, modern development and deployment workflows: ship early, ship often.
- High impact: lots of users, happy customers, high growth, and cutting edge R&D.
- Flat organization, direct interaction with customer teams.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse global workforce. We believe that the best way to learn, grow, and succeed, both as individuals and as a company, is to foster a culture that is fundamentally rooted in equality.
Join us as we transform cyber security, user privacy, and machine learning online!
Last updated on Mar 28, 2022