Enter Job Description...
- To provide nursing interventions and medication administration consistent with the established systematic problem-solving approach for the delivery of comprehensive nursing care, which are compliant with the regulatory standards in a juvenile correctional setting.
- client is located approximately 50 miles northwest of New York City in Orange County, NY. Youth served at Goshen are male, juvenile offenders. Depending upon the sentence, youth may remain in OCFS custody until the age of 21. GSC is accredited by the American Correctional Association and has a current population of approximately 53 youth. Free parking is available on-site. The dress code is business casual or scrubs. Currently, there are no vaccine requirements. Supervision staff will be present when the employee is providing nursing care to youth.
- Job duties include, but may not be limited to: maintaining general medical inventory (including controlled substances)
- Conducting medication administration; reviewing the overall health conditions of youth (i.e. preparing, reviewing and evaluating nursing intervention plans)
- Ensuring that interventions are consistent with comprehensive treatment plans; participating in staff trainings
- Preparing required clinical and administrative reports
- Maintain infection control standards; and, serve as a member of the facility’s medical treatment team.
- Additional duties to be discussed in detail during the interview.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusivity
– This means a deep commitment to each other equally, in an open, diversified team environment. We strive to be as diverse as the clients and employees we partner with. We embrace people of any race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation. LanceSoft is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
Last updated on Nov 13, 2023