Job Number: 23-02364
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in St. Cloud, MN.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Network Engineer assists with ensuring the stability, integrity, performance, and sustainability of the in-house enterprise systems/network infrastructure and all sister-company systems.
- This is achieved by applying advanced knowledge, skill, experience, and best practices in planning, designing, and developing infrastructure technologies across the enterprise as well as assisting in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of those technologies.
- Collaborate with security team to reduce risk to data and systems.
- Apply Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and control processes for the Network capability and monitors to ensure compliance and consistency with the SOP's.
- Assist with and ensure to align systems/network infrastructure goals to organization needs (technical analysis and alignment).
- Execute at a high level, hands-on technical knowledge of Cisco enterprise networking technologies (including core switching, Nexus and OTV, ASA and FTD firewalls, edge and core routing, managed wireless, VLANs, DMZs, intrusion detection/prevention, network load balancing, etc.).
- Assist with capacity planning and performance tuning of enterprise-level systems/network infrastructures.
- Monitor and troubleshoot such technologies to meet established Service-Level Agreements and organizational goals.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of a SOP documentation file/manual.
- Assist with reporting on key performance indicators to upper management.
- Apply data and security governance and their application inside the enterprise.
- Conduct in-depth research into issues and technologies as required, and able to document current/future states during upgrades or system implementations.
- In support of Company's culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company's values as set forth in the core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies and Manager Competencies).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Technical College or Bachelor's Degree in Networking Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with Cisco networking (hardware, software, protocols, etc.) with emphasis on large-scale enterprise LAN network deployments and operations.
- Experience in an enterprise environment supporting over 300 switches, routers, and wireless access points.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting Cisco networking equipment:
- Catalyst 3850 and 9300 switches.
- Catalyst 8300 and ISR4000 series routers.
- ASA and FTD firewall appliances.
- WLC 5520, model 1560, 3700, 3800, 9100 series AP's0.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting related networking systems:
- Virtual F5 load balancers.
- DHCP, DNS, WAN carrier technologies.
- Basic Windows and Unix server operations as related to networking.
- Basic Voice technologies.
- Google and Azure cloud technologies.
- SD-WAN architectures and leading technologies.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with: BGP, EIRGP, OSPF, Nexus VPC and OTV, DMVPN, Multicast, route-maps, QoS, Cisco Wireless technologies including AP's in FlexGroup configurations.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting network operating systems and tools:
- CLI: Catalyst IOS-XE, Nexus NX-OS, WLC AireOS, FTD-FXOS.
- GUI: ASDM, FMC, SolarWinds, Wireshark.
- Demonstrate ability to support complex, enterprise level LAN/WAN networks.
- Hands on experience with 802.11 wireless technology and installation best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with Network management systems, reporting and capacity planning.
- Experience in enterprise networking configuring and maintenance in a 24x7x365 SLA production environment.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Last updated on Sep 11, 2023