Must Have Qualifications:
- Bilingual Russian, Hebrew, or Farsi
- You must have a high school diploma or an equivalency, such as a GED.
- You must have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State. You will be required to maintain a valid driver's license throughout your employment as a DSA.
- You must meet physical and agility standards.
- You will be required to have a medical examination before you are appointed and you are responsible for the payment of the clinical laboratory fee. Please note: The medical exam includes psychological and drug screening.
- You must be cleared through the New York State Child Abuse Registry, the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs and the Medicaid Fraud Prevention and Detection database.
- A criminal background check and fingerprinting will be conducted. You will be responsible for the processing fee.
- Contact Your Local OPWDD Human Resource Office.
DSP to high functioning clients Men and Women.
As a DSA for OPWDD you will help people by assisting them to learn and develop daily living skills and habits; you will help them take care of their own personal needs; you will advocate for, encourage, guide and teach people to express personal choice. DSAs ensure community integration, health and safety and a comfortable home environment. The supports and services you will provide depend on the specific abilities of the person being served, and the nature of the setting where the activities are taking place. •
Last updated on Aug 30, 2023