Sr. Software Engineer-Backend
Fully Remote- ET Hours
Sorry, no sponsorship
About BigRio: BigRio is a remote technology consulting firm headquartered in Boston. We deliver a range of solutions including custom machine learning/AI integrations and data warehousing and processing solutions. Our comprehensive approach serves clients from a variety of industries as a result of our ability to consistently, and quickly deliver cutting-edge and cost-conscious software solutions.
About the Job: In this role, the Senior Software Engineer, Backend will play a key role in developing and maintaining complex Software-As-A-Service (SaaS) production software. The role requires strong analytical skills, unwavering commitment to quality, a collaborative work ethic, and cutting-edge technical skills. This position will be responsible for projects that are complex, challenging, and exciting.
You will be part of a team in an agile environment, and by working closely with your team members, developers, architects, and other key stakeholders, you will implement functionality critical to our business success. You would be working on modern cutting-edge technologies to build a framework which will enable the other teams in the organization to develop, deploy and monitor the micro services on the AWS platform.
- Architect and develop scalable authorization and eligibility solutions for both web and mobile applications.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and monitoring.
- Develop APIs and microservices primarily in Java / Kotlin.
- Build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Develop database models using appropriate database technologies, including PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Manage code changes using Git.
- Support production by systematically debugging, mitigating, and implementing long-term solutions.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, or a related technical field or equivalent experience or training in the healthcare industry.
- 5+ years of experience with Kotlin, Java, Scala other compiled languages.
- 5+ years of experience with building backend systems for web or mobile.
- 5+ years of experience with relational or NoSQL and SQL database concepts.
- Experience with microservice architecture and paradigms.
- Experience with high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS and/or Azure, GCP).
- Advanced experience with modern development tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Spring, and Kubernetes.
- Industry experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Operated in an agile environment while leveraging the Scrum framework.
- Ability to architect and implement software systems in complex domains.
- Fundamental understanding of the full stack.
- Strong analytical, programming and demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong communication skills to interface with product owners, stakeholders, and team members.
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and can contribute individually and work effectively on a team.
Last updated on Aug 1, 2022