The Worship Leader is primarily responsible for leading and building the worship experience for our campus and church online attenders.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Life.Church Worship Team inspires and moves people towards Christ by creating spiritual experiences through story-telling and biblical truth. Worship is the musical expression of Life.Church. It’s the first part of a service that people experience and often the time they identify as what makes a campus “theirs.” It sets the stage for the message of the day, and it primes people for life change.
The Worship Leader will provide musical and technical leadership to pursue excellence for worship experiences. Additionally, the Worship Leader will support the Worship Pastor by leading various ministerial services, such as weddings, baptisms, funerals, and hospital visits. Furthermore, this role will contribute to the planning, organizing, and leading of multiple worship experiences throughout the week.
What You'll Do
- Plan, organize, and spiritually lead multiple weekly worship services.
- Recruit, train, and build worship teams.
- Plan and organize worship services to meet weekly time requirements.
- Sharpen musical and technical abilities in an ongoing way.
- Lead contractors and volunteers to sharpen musical abilities.
- Master Pro-Tools and other experience-based systems.
- Assist with all campus team technical efforts.
- Lead volunteer and contractor recruitment and development efforts.
- Provide pastoral guidance to Life.Church’s staff members and attenders during hospital visits on a weekly basis.
- Perform various ministerial services, such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Administer communions, counseling, and SYMBIS.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to develop an understanding of band dynamics, worship environment production, and ministry teamwork in a worship team setting.
- Must exemplify a high level of customer focus.
- Ability to create a vision and execute effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Ability to self-motivate and make independent decisions.
- Highly talented vocalist.
- Experience with keys, guitar, and/or other instruments.
- Familiar with Pro-Tools.
- Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and following up.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong spiritual maturity.
- Comfortable in diplomatic interactions.
- Exceptional talent vocally to lead a worship experience.
- Maintain composure during stressful situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
At Life.Church, we are passionate about reaching more people in more communities. We hire new team members to begin their journey at an existing Life.Church location so they can learn the culture and systems of our church from experienced pastors already on the team. Our hope is, as we continue to launch new locations, we can send pastors who are ready to lead on day one because of what they’ve learned at an existing location in preparation.
Check out the list of current locations
and the cities
we’re exploring or considering for future locations. We’d love to discuss which locations you are interested in.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.
Last updated on Sep 11, 2018