Position: SAP Engineer, EmpowerSF Payroll
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Who We Want
- We want talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children's potential.
- We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, problem solvers and who are comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
- As a SAP Engineer, EmpowerSF Payroll you will report to the Manager of Business Applications, be a part of the Department of Technology, and serve as the technical lead for Payroll the district's new, integrated HR and Payroll system powered by SAP SuccessFactors and Workforce.
- You will contribute to the Department of Technology's transformational work to deliver on the promises outlined in both Transform Learning. Transform Lives. as well as our long-term, city-wide north star, Vision 2025.
- We're seeking a candidate with a strong technical background who can bridge functional and technical requirements for SAP/SuccessFactors and Workforce implementation to ensure the platforms meets the functional and user needs of the client's employee community.
- The SAP Engineer for EMPowerSF Payroll leads the technical functions of Payroll that have stringent deadlines and tight schedule.
- This is a new role established as a result of evolving needs and new required tasks following the district's system change, reorganization, and transferred responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Consults with the client employees, management, and customers and recommends technological solutions to issues impacting business operations.
- Act as a technical and functional lead for SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll.
- Works closely with the System Integrator and Independent testers to ensure all requirements, changes and enhancements are implemented successfully.
- Help develop and manage the execution of robust test plans, including utilizing software testing tools to perform unit, system integration, and user acceptance testing and manage the execution of robust test plans related to Payroll.
- Ensures all Changes and Enhancements to the SuccessFactors system are fully tested and documented.
- Work closely with the the client Test and Release Manager.
- Create SAP tickets for emergencies as needed and works closely with SAP consultants.
- Help document SAP SuccessFactors Payroll Schemas, Wage Types, and Business Rules
- Configure the Payroll Control Center
- Develop and document Design and Configuration specifications related to Payroll changes/enhancements and configurations to the SAP system and payroll processing to strengthen the system for greater efficiency under the guidance of the the client Payroll management staff and Department of Technology Business Applications management, and in alignment with EMPowerSF governance
- Provides technical support, direction, and training to Payroll Operations staff members in implementing changes to the Payroll procedures
- Liaise with functional divisions, including HR and Payroll, for functional enhancements, new functionality, and provide ongoing support
- Provide targeted support to HR Time and Leaves team to ensure leaves of absence are configured and managed accurately to result in accurate and timely pay
- Review and monitor data interfaces between EC, Time, Accounting and Payroll
- Analyze, monitor, and identify defects with the SAP payroll system functionality and works with functional and technical teams to test fixes and enhancements configured in the system.
- Manage and monitor data uploads and data interfaces to ensure timely accessibility to data needed to run functional operations for the client employees
- Serve as Payroll technical lead for critical system updates and monitors timely implementation of SAP SuccessFactors releases and support packs
- Develop reports and visualizations for functional teams to analyze employee needs
- Identify opportunities for improvement or automation of current business practices and policies
- Handle tickets in SmartSheets and Zendesk, providing Tier 2/3 assistance and analysis for end users, managers, and power users
- Communicate technical concepts to a general audience and other non-technical team members
- Represents Payroll Administration as the SAP SuccessFactors technical lead in external meetings and activities
- Recommend and support decisions, follows through with instructions, and ensures deadlines are met.
- Provide ongoing support for EMPowerSF Payroll documentation and training guides
The strongest candidates will have:
- A team focus with a coachable and approachable workstyle
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with configuring and administering SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll
- Experience with Taxes (tax tables, tax processing)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Payroll certification
- Extensive knowledge with SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central, Benefits, and Time management (WorkForce)
- Excellent at understanding the Business Requirements and making functional configuration changes
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical requirements into user-friendly, accessible language
- Experience in implementing new systems and tools and/or systems consolidation
- The ability to build strong working relationships and support a positive work environment
- Experience in data visualization (ie: Tableau)
- An organized, efficient, on-time, cost-conscious perspective that seeks to continuously improve
- Knowledge of urban public schools and a passionate belief in the client's commitment to instructional leadership as a lever toward delivering on the the client Graduate Profile
Last updated on May 1, 2023