Want to apply technology in ways that make life more enriching?
We think the digital experiences that make up more and more of our everyday lives should be seamless and engaging—even magical. Using our unique recipe of specialized skills and digital alchemy, we engineer experiences that help businesses engage with users, and users engage with the world.
The source of our magic comes from our people. We continually strive to be better versions of ourselves—and have fun while doing it. If a career creating innovative experiences and digital products sounds exciting, we hope you’ll consider joining our amazing team.
Codazen is in search of a dynamic Technical Lead, dedicated to 60% coding tasks, 20% client interactions, and 20% people management. The ideal candidate will exhibit a passion for crafting clean, maintainable code and fostering strong client relationships. In this role, you'll collaborate with internal stakeholders and esteemed clients to shape cutting-edge technical strategies while leading diverse software engineers tasked with delivering complex, high-value, enterprise-level projects. To thrive in this role, you must be highly motivated, able to communicate effectively, and collaborate efficiently while contributing to innovation and positive change across the organization.
- Ensure strict adherence to best-of-breed software development practices while staying abreast of industry standards
- Own the comprehensive technical strategies and oversee the low-level execution of high-quality, cost-effective solutions that meet customer business requirements
- Act as a POC, leading client meetings, collecting requirements, and the ability to demo/present new features to the client
- Lead 2-4 direct reports in delivering highly visible and impactful web-based experiences, modern UI component libraries, and enterprise-level web-based infrastructure
- Provide technical oversight for Web Developers and Front End/Full Stack Engineers
- Cultivate exceptional engineers and future leaders through continuous engagement and commitment to their personal and professional growth
- Drive company growth by ensuring the success of your engineers and the value they bring to clients
- Foster a positive company culture through humility, collaboration, and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Hybrid position: 3 days on-site, 2 days WFH; Monday through Friday based out of Irvine, CA
- Possess a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience delivering enterprise-scale web-based solutions and experiences in a full-stack production environment
- Demonstrate experience in delivering large-scale, highly trafficked, high-profile websites (marketing, e-commerce, web portals & help centers)
- Proven experience delivering UI component libraries, tools, and secure UI infrastructure supporting interactive websites at a global scale
- Hand-on experience directly leading multi-disciplinary software engineers who deliver web-centric solutions (e.g., Tech Lead, Team Lead, Lead Dev)
- Possess a firm understanding of DOM, SEO, and XML technologies
- Knowledge of CMS platforms (e.g., WordPress, Joomla, WooCommerce, Drupal, Wix, etc.)
- Strong background in object-oriented programming principles
- Ability to work with web development tools such as Chrome DevTools (e.g., Google Lighthouse, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile software development processes (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) in a consulting environment
- Some travel required (up to 20% within the West Coast)
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Experience in developing secure and scalable web services and APIs
- Firm understanding of HTTP response/request handling, DNS routing/configuration, and CDNs
- Deep knowledge of Material UI, cloud services (AWS/Azure), as well as distributed systems like Akamai
- Ability to work with design tools such as Figma
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence, or similar systems
- Master's degree in computer science is a plus
- Related certifications are a plus
Full compensation packages are based on candidate experience and certifications.
Irvine Pay Range
What Codazen Offers
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid schedule
- Generous paid time off and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (with company contribution)
- Profit sharing
- Company bonus
- Income protection plans (life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability)
- Free drinks and snacks
- An incredible leadership team that cares about your development
- Fun, smart, diverse colleagues
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Last updated on Feb 6, 2024