Job Title: Staff Software Engineer (Pharmacy Integration Services)
Location: Pleasanton, CA ( Hybrid)
Type: 12 months+ or 6 months C2H
The Pharmacy Technology Department has an opening for a Staff Software Engineer on the Pharmacy Integration Services team. The Pharmacy Technology team is building new cloud native capabilities that will be the foundation for exciting innovative business initiatives and allow us to provide better customer experiences aimed at improving the health and well-being of our customers. The Pharmacy Technology team has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned backend developer to be part of a growing team dedicated to enabling key transformational initiatives for the pharmacy and health services business unit
As the Staff Software Engineer on the Pharmacy Integration Services team, you will work with product managers, architects, DevOps engineers and a diverse team of developers across the organization. You will use your skills and experience to provide architecture and design, and implement highly-scalable, resilient and secure solutions using modern, cloud native platforms, to enabling cutting-edge business and technology products.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science or a related technical field and have experience delivering solutions using a broad set of modern technologies, including core foundational knowledge of Java, Kubernetes, cloud architectures, security mechanisms, and agile methods. The ideal candidate will have a passion for their craft and be self-motivated, highly collaborative, and take pride in being part of a team that delivers quality solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide architectures and design solutions for applications and interfaces related to pharmacy and associated healthcare systems. This includes the primary pharmacy integration platform related services such as Patient, Prescription, and Appointment, and how we connect to all related customer experiences and partner systems.
• Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and non-functional requirements approved by the business and design is aligned with the enterprise architecture standards and governing practices.
• Own the integration and security patterns used by our teams to consistently provide secure, scalable, and reliable services.
• Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions, as well as coach and mentor other team members.
• Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
• Work with developers, product managers and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options for home grown systems, as well as on-prem and cloud hosted solutions provided by 3rd parties.
• Hands-on full lifecycle engineering responsibilities (architect, design, code, build, testing, configuration, performance tuning and optimization, and documentation)
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirement are met.
• Assist in troubleshooting production support and performance issues and be available as needed to support your team.
• Work with technical and business stakeholders to identify and mitigate architectural risks and issues across programs and projects
• Continuous partnership with cross functional teams, including vendor partners, to ensure all solutions are being developed with continuity of the enterprise solution ecosystem, while meeting all security, data governance, legal, risk and compliance standards
• Collaborate with Enterprise, Data, and Security Architecture teams to shape EA guardrails, standards and patterns
• Keep up to date on cutting edge solutions/technologies for HealthIT, Cloud, IoT, mobile, AI/Client, social, Big Data and Analytics tools.
• Drive modular, services-oriented integration and solution architectures with various architecture teams at an enterprise, application and project level
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
• 12+ years of hands-on programming and application integration experience (software frameworks, databases, integration technologies, cloud services, API frameworks and styles, and related technologies).
• Experience delivering secure, scalable, resilient solutions based on Java Spring frameworks and Kubernetes services
• Strong ability to frame key solution design elements from broader functional and technical requirements.
• Strong understanding of encryption technologies including communications protocols such as used for TLS handshakes, session encryption, mutual certificate authentication, and certificate management.
• Experience in Microsoft Azure, DevOps and CI/CD tools and Agile/Scrum processes and tools.
• Experience implementing healthcare specific protocols and standards such as HL7, FHIR, NCPDP.
• Strong understanding of design patterns and best practices.
• Strong emphasis on Testing, Quality and Automation.
• Strong experience building consumer facing solutions and building applications on the public cloud.
• Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with healthcare services, HIPAA regulations is a plus.
• Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high-volume Internet applications
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with development team members remotely.
• Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences.
• Ability to work independently
Last updated on Feb 7, 2023