Qualis Corporation is seeking a PACAF Staff SME Contractor to advise and assist at the MAJCOM Headquarters in support of PACAF range sustainment and modernization. The PACAF SME will provide technical Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) expert in support of its Combat Training Range(s). Location of task performance will be Hickam AFB, HI with temporary duty (TDY) as required by the government customer.
The PACAF SME will recommend PACAF positions/inputs on research development proposals and contracts for training range modernization. Prepares inputs to Combat Air Forces test and training range roadmaps and mission support plans, collecting, documenting, assessing, validating, and prioritizing requirements, and technical specifications for combat aircrew training systems, such as Aircraft Combat Measuring and Instrumentation (ACMI) and threat systems. Participates in other activities involving the requirements for and acquisition of USAF combat aircrew training systems for air and space dominance, ground dominance, and electronic warfare training on PACAF ranges. Further, the PACAF Staff SME will provide exercise/project oversight at HQ PACAF A317.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and assist with acquiring, deploying, testing, operating, and maintaining live training support systems and infrastructure for operational testing and air combat training within Alaska and the Pacific Region.
- Assist in development of pre-source selection program/project operational and logistical requirements/Statement of Objectives (SOO), Request for Proposal, Statement of Work (SOW)/Performance Work Statement (PWS) to meet government directed programs/projects.
- Maintain accurate tracking of available range assets/resources to meet identified/scheduled exercises, deployments, and operational tests.
- Provide recommendation on reallocation of resources to meet unexpected changes in mission requirements.
- Coordinate logistical support and travel/transportation of equipment/resources for exercises and deployments supported within A317.
- Review, comment, and make suggested inputs for coordination on operational/range requirements and documentation to include CONOPS, Deployment Plans, transportation/airlift requests, and RFI.
- Provide oversight of all Task Management Tool (TMT) tasking within A317 to ensure satisfactory identification of correct OPR/OCR and timely input of responses to meet required suspense’s.
- Bachelor’s degree with over 10 years of experience. Experience for education may be substituted with government approval.
- Applicants should have highly developed interpersonal skills permitting productive interaction with technical and non-technical professionals.
- Prior experience working as a Department of Defense Staff Officer.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Applicants must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Travel is estimated at 25% annually.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of tactical/electronic ranges and infrastructure is required.
- Knowledge of threat training systems, to include manned and unmanned simulators, man-portable missile trainers, and various electronic counter measures systems.
- Experience with Air Force tactical aviation operations is desired.
- Experience in Department of Defense range operations is desired.
- Must possess a DoD Secret security clearance and able to obtain and maintain a DOD Top Secret Clearance.
Qualis Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and talented workforce who can contribute to the mission and vision of the Company. Our employees are our greatest asset and we promote a positive work environment, teamwork, professional growth, innovation, community involvement, flexible scheduling and a family-friendly work environment.
Last updated on Feb 6, 2024