The responsibilities of the IT Specialist include, but are not limited to, participating in a team approach to:
- Capture and load source system data via ETL processes into the data mart.
- Develop, test and implement program logic for ETL development.
- Efficiently implement team developed ETL technical specifications.
- Optimize ETL data load jobs to improve performance and automate them and identify and create solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Develop and maintain logical and physical dimensional data models for Data Mart.
- Following agency standards to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data and applications through analysis and coding as performed by the ETL process.
- Writing clear ETL process and data modeling documentation and clear documentation of all associated tasks and processes.
- Ongoing design, development, maintenance, and support of ETL workflows.
- Investigating and resolving data loading and/or data integrity issues.
Works in the field of Information Technology, experienced in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures or business applications and products that run on those platforms - beyond that of a Programmer.
Expert (84+ months): Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 Months Experience Developing and testing query solutions using Oracle PL/SQL query.
- 84 Months Experience with UNIX Shell Scripting.
- 84 Months Experience with ETL design for Data Warehouse/Data Mart development using SQL and PL/SQL programming/ IBM Data Stage.
- 72 Months Experience with Performance tuning and Optimization of sessions, mappings, sources and targets, Production support, trouble shooting and solving migration issues, and identifying errors during data loads and transformations for Cognos or OBIEE 10/11g environment.
- 72 Months Experience using ER Studio for dimensional data modeling for Cognos or OBIEE 10/11g environment.
- 84 Months Experience mentoring and assisting other developers
- 72 Months ETL development experience in Oracle environment with IBM Datastage.
- 60 Months ETL development experience working with PPI, SSA, or HIPPA data security requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information science, engineering, or mathematics.