Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring “The World’s Nicest Airline” to life. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: “To make the world of travel simple, affordable, and convenient. Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.”
Breeze is hiring- join us!
Breeze Airways is looking for Aircraft Technical Representatives to support our charter operations. These Tech Reps are home-based, and travel will be provided to/from charter locations to support assigned Breeze Charter flights. The Charter Tech Reps are responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance, and alterations of Breeze aircraft, including troubleshooting, performing run-up and taxi procedures, and signing mechanical flight releases to make sure Charter flights perform as planned.
Breeze has the youngest fleet for a U.S. air carrier, and we need innovative, excellent mechanical talent to maintain our modern E190/195 fleet for our charter operations. Our Tech Reps will stay with the aircraft from the beginning of a personalized trip to the return flight and ensure ultimate safety and airworthiness. We are seeking experienced aircraft maintenance professionals who will play a vital role towards the success of our charter operations.
This position is Home-Based, meaning Breeze will provide air travel, hotel accommodations and per diem in accordance with our travel and expense policy for your scheduled work assignments.
Here’s what you’ll do
The Technical Representative for Charter Operations will travel on assigned Breeze Charter flights and is responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance, and alterations of Breeze aircraft, including troubleshooting, performing run-up and taxi procedures, and signing mechanical flight releases.
The Aircraft Technical Representative for Charter Operations reports to the Charter Technical Supervisor and carries out instructions as assigned in accordance with FAA regulations and Breeze policy and procedures. They remain well-versed with contracted business partners to ensure streamlined maintenance resolutions.
- Perform all assigned maintenance duties in accordance with the Breeze General Maintenance Manual (GMM)
- Work closely with IOCC and Tech Ops leadership to effectively communicate operational success and areas of opportunity
- Unrestricted engine run & taxi qualifications on the Breeze aircraft Fleet
- Assist other company departments to support requirements of charter operations, examples but not limited to; screening, baggage loading and other duties as assigned
- Responsible and accountable for all work performed and recovery plans executed
- Complete all appropriate Breeze forms on all work assigned and performed
- Prioritize the safety of clients and flight crew
- Maintain high-level guest services
- Properly handle all parts, units, assemblies, and aircraft while in the repair process
- Ensure that all documentation is kept current as to open discrepancies and completed corrective actions
- Complete all associated and required documentation for all maintenance work performed or inspections conducted accurately and correctly
- Conduct post-flight and pre-flight inspections on arrivals and travel with the aircraft as required
- Ensuring tools and equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Maintain the work area in a safe, clean, and operative condition and ensure all tools are accounted for at completion of all assigned tasks
- Properly care for and use tooling and equipment used for aircraft maintenance
- Notify the Maintenance Supervisor and all other appropriate Team Members of any condition that would compromise the airworthiness of Breeze aircraft
- Maintain a valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate, or Repairman Certificate, and keep the certificate available for inspection by the FAA, NTSB, or Breeze Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Maintenance Leadership, MOC, and/or DOM, and Charter Leadership
- Achieve performance measures and adhere to established standards in conjunction with Breeze Aviation Group Values of Safety, Kindness, Integrity, Ingenuity and Excellence
Here’s what you need to be successful
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent educational achievement
- Must hold a current, valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P) with no history of infractions and recent experience on commercial aircraft types
- 2+ years in commercial airline or charter operations or similar relevant experience
- Must meet recent experience requirements per 14 CFR 65.83
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid passport with no travel restrictions
- Must have authorization to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be flexible and willing to work days, nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours if needed
- Must be willing to travel on assigned charter flights
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a TSA required fingerprint-based criminal history records check and a Breeze background check
- Must have the ability to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications
- High performance orientation, ability to work well under pressure, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility
- Degree in Aerospace, Aviation Maintenance or Business Degree preferred
- Understanding and working knowledge of FAA regulations including FAR part 121 operations
- International Charter Ops Experience
- Experience maintaining Embraer E-Jet and/or Airbus A220 family aircraft
- Familiar with an airline Maintenance Information System (MIS) such as TRAX
- Skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to communicate to Tech Ops and Charter Ops Leadership
- Must be able to handle high-stress situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift, carry, and move medium to heavy weights of 50 pounds or more
- Exemplifies Breeze’s safety culture, values, and mission
- Ability to work with individuals and teams at all levels in the organization
Perks of the Job
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Savings Account with Breeze Employee Match
- 401K with Breeze Employee Match
- Travel on Breeze and other Airlines too!
Breeze Airways provides equal employment opportunities to all Team Members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Breeze Airways will never request your Social Security Number, Driver’s License or Date of Birth on our job postings. Job Postings requesting any or all of this information should be regarded as a scam. To ensure you are applying to an actual Breeze Airways posting, please apply online at www.flybreeze.com then click “Careers” at the bottom of the page.
Last updated on Feb 7, 2024