Position: Applications Analyst (Junior)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA (100% onsite)
- Applications Analyst will be a technical staff supporting multiple departments with various applications and corresponding interfaces.
- This position would need to have hands on technical capabilities to triage tickets and resolve them to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Applications Analyst should be a team player, quick learner while working alongside internal team and stakeholders, providing excellent customer service.
- This position is required to participate in a hard charging project environment, quickly analyzing and understanding legacy systems and help identify the best solution in timely manner, utilizing database, programming, reporting and analytical skills.
- Applications Analyst would take on directions from IT Manager or Principal Application Analyst/Project Manager in handling multiple small/medium projects at a time to provide optimal and secured solution to our user community.
General Skills & Abilities:
- Application Analyst's essential job functions may include/but not limited to:
- Installs, upgrades and supports application systems, interfaces, queries, database, scripting activities and business intelligence/reporting solutions to achieve optimum performance in accordance with the IT Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Completes service requests in a timely manner and provides support to end users; guides and assists others in completing service requests.
- Troubleshoots, upgrades, or configures application, database or reporting systems to determine cause(s) or failure and resolves problems, to include cyber security issues.
- Documents, develops, codes, tests, and debugs applications and interfaces.
- Documents and develops extract, transform, load (ETL) processes to ensure accessibility of data from business systems for reports or use by other systems.
- Ensures systems and applications are patched and kept current on all security patches and upgrades.
- Assists in the development and execution of preventive maintenance programs identifying weaknesses of current systems to determine critical application, reporting or system issues, including cyber security.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Create knowledge base documents, process flow diagrams.
- Sets timelines and expectations for tasks within project plans.
- Reviews product documentation and release notes to make installation recommendations, ensuring functional compliance and vendor support.
- Designs and develops reports against Configured Off the Shelf (COTS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) system databases utilizing available standard reporting tools.
- Coordinates end user support for and writes user tests and test scripts.
Provide excellent customer service.
Effectively organize, prioritize and complete work assignments in an expedient and customer service orientation.
Plan, design, document, install, and support application systems, scripting, business intelligence reports for both enterprise and departmental needs.
Gather, document, and implement requirements for new systems and system changes of varying scope and complexity.
Prepare clear and concise written reports and technical documentation.
Respond promptly and effectively to service requests.
Develop complex reports using business intelligence tools; convert data into information.
Learn new business systems, programming languages, reporting tools, databases and other technology tools as required to support the City's operations.
Perform cost/benefit analysis for applications, reports, systems enhancement or replacement.
Demonstrate initiative and exercise good judgment in the performance of duties.
Work independently and as a team member; recognize and set priorities and meet deadlines. Desired Skills:
Principles and practices of ITSM (IT Service Management) systems to include Incident/Problem Management; Request Fulfillment; Knowledgebase; Asset Management and IT Service Catalogs.
Experience with applications such as Work Order Management, Library and Recreation Services, Permitting and Licensing System, Public Safety Solutions.
Database design and basic administration of database platforms like SQL Server and Oracle.
Principles, practices, methods, and techniques of training and providing technical and functional support to end users.
Experience with a public sector agency. Education/Experience:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with concentration in computer science, information technology, engineering, informatics, web science, business information systems or closely related field; AND 2+ years of prior experience in similar settings.
Last updated on Sep 19, 2022