GA-CCRi maintains and deploys production systems for users across the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and commercial industry. We build and develop best-in-class all domain and globally focused situational awareness capabilities, including THRESHER and DRAGONSPELL, that process petabytes of data from numerous streaming data sources in near real time. Our systems apply state-of-the-art algorithms and machine learning techniques to extract features and fuse data from multiple phenomenologies to form a rich live view of objects in the sky, on the sea, and on the ground. These analytics are designed to determine not just where something is, but what it is, where it's been and what it's doing. All of this "data to knowledge" is made available to end users in our own browser-based application for visualization, analysis, and understanding. We always want to do more, and that's where you come in!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision with limited review, this position independently determines approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates.
- Communicates with domain experts, outside customers, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end-user, system level, and data management applications
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions on specific programs or projects.
- In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross- platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community through the publishing and presentation of technical papers.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelor's degree
- May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to an internal audience.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Use Angular, or have experience with other JS frameworks
- Have experience writing in TypeScript
- Have experience with css pre-processors (Stylus, LESS, SASS, etc)
- Use data visualization tools/toolkits such as d3 or similar libraries
- Have experience developing map based applications using OpenLayers, Leaflet, Google Maps, etc.
- Are familiar with all aspects of software development, including client/server programming
- Have the ability to drive and review APIs for back-end functionality
- Are interested in data mining, analytics, and/or machine learning
Travel Percentage Required
Relocation Assistance Provided
US Citizenship Required?
Salary Range - $81,080 - 141,650*
- Casual Work Environment
- Intellectually Challenging Work
- Health Insurance including FSA, HSA and Tricare Supplement options
- Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Defined Retirement Benefit, including both a 401K match and pension plan.
- Very Flexible Vacation Policy
The job description above is not intended to be comprehensive list. Responsibilities, activities, duties, and/or tasks may change or be assigned at any time.
CCRi is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce because we know that our differences benefit our employees, our customers, and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
*rate premium may be applied to positions in CA, VA, CO, AK, AL, CT, MA, MD, NJ, RI, and WA
Last updated on Sep 15, 2023