The Outside Parts Expert (OPE) is a sales position. The OPE is tasked with generating and increasing retail parts sales to customers within their defined Area of Responsibility (AOR) and to all assigned customers. They must be good stewards of Boyer Trucks, cross sell departments, utilize and manage all company resources, meet revenue objectives and be above all reproach. Boyer Trucks - DriveYour Career Forward
WE OFFER A FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE FOR ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES INCLUDING:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life (Voluntary and Employer Paid) and Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with company match beginning with your first contribution.
- HSA match up to $800 per year.
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Car Discount Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The OPE is required to be at work between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding company observed holidays or as required to meet the expectations of the department and or the demands in effectively servicing their AOR
- An OPE is expected to generate a minimum sales volume per month as defined by the director and exceed aggregated front counter growth percentages
- Attain the sales and gross profit objectives set by the director.
- The OPE is tasked with making 9 to 12 professional, in person, customer visits each business day while dedicating 20% of their weekly schedule to green fielding new opportunities.
- The OPE will actively sell all parts products that Transwest distributes without prejudice or preconception.
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate service to customers.
- In order to effectively sell parts for Transwest the OPE must acquire knowledge about many different facets of the business. The responsibility for this education is primarily on the OPE.
- Must display an ongoing effort to learn more about the industry, the company and the products Transwest sells
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- The OPE will always present a professional, clean, well-groomed appearance. The appropriate attire requires dress slacks and a Transwest logoed shirt.
- Complete tasks within expenses budgeted for travel and entertainment.
- Other duties as assigned by the director or parts manager.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Activities require a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- The position may require standing, balancing, bending or stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 80 pounds.
- The position requires corrected vision and hearing within normal range.
- Requires the ability to work under stressful conditions or irregular hours.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Driver's License and MVR in good standing.
- Successful track record of developing relationships and closing sales.
- Direct industry experience selling heavy-duty truck parts through distribution and/or directly to the end user.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- They must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and may be frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. They must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Have the ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- They must be able to understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Ability to successfully complete a General Abilities Assessment and pass post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
- Type: Uncapped Commission (Annual Non-Recoverable Draw Provided Ranging from $65,000 to $75,000)
- Compensation Range: $65,000 to $150,000+
- Bonus Eligibility: No
- Reports To: Parts Manager, Corporate Parts Director
- Shift: 1st
- Closing Date: Open until filled.
Date Posted: 02-06-2024
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Last updated on Feb 6, 2024