We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer , Payables to coordinate the timely and accurate processing of supplier invoices and payments when due. Ensure the validity of all supplier invoices before authorization for payment and appropriate reconciliation of supplier accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the account payables function in Dangote Cement Plc’s (DCP) corporate Head Office.
- Analyze and maintain account payable performance metrics, service relationships and communications across departments in DCP.
- Provide appropriate responses to suppliers’ queries/ issues and escalate unresolved issues to the Head, Head Office Accounting, as required.
- Perform reconciliation of suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Recommend updates to existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/ vendors.
- Review staff advance requests and ensure requisitions are duly authorized by relevant department/ unit heads.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of invoices and staff advance/ retirement documentation.
- Prepare periodic activity reports for the attention of the Head, Head Office Accounting including information on outstanding payments to suppliers, approved invoices, etc.
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against the invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities for prompt resolution.
- Maintain ageing report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Head Office Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Professional certification from a recognized body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- 5 to 9 years related job experience.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable accounting standards.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Private Health Insurance
Paid Time Off
Training & Development
Last updated on May 16, 2023