We are looking for a Wardrobe Technician whose role, as a part of the Wardrobe team, will be to ensure Costume elements are well maintained and the smooth running of shows. Reporting into the technical management teams, all Technicians are expected to support the show and their co-workers in a positive and professional manner. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and property policies, practices, and procedures.
The Wardrobe Technician will:
- Perform day, or evening maintenance/ show tracks which may include, but are not limited to: specialty cleaning, repair/maintenance of costumes, head pieces and accessories, pre-show costume check, pre-set and running show tracks and closing procedures;
- Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation and trainings, as directed;
- Attend Artist trainings and show staging sessions, when needed;
- Document maintenance practices and repair notes, as needed;
- Assist with the inventory, ordering and tracking of the department's supplies and equipment;
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, including costume maintenance, show calls and PR events;
- Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; be available for required yearly safety classes;
- Help with organization and cleanliness of the workspace;
- Complete all other job-related duties as needed, such as: assist in tracking and ordering of shop supplies, assisting in PR events, updating Costume inventory when needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of previous experience as a professional Costume Dresser, including experience in costume repairs and maintenance for a large-scale production show;
- Working knowledge of costume/shoe repair, painting, makeup, theatrical wigs and millinery;
- Previous experience working with commercial sewing machines and specialty machines;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with co-workers;
- Professional appearance and demeanor;
- Availability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Previous experience working in a multicultural group environment;
- Verification of the right to work in the United States for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, as demonstrated by completion of the Form I-9 upon hire and the submission of acceptable documentation (as noted on the Form I-9) verifying one’s identity and work authorization.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, creed, color, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, national origin or ancestry.