Built around our mission, we started AG more than a decade ago as a way to bring comprehensive and convenient daily nutrition to just about everybody. Taking a bunch of pills and capsules is hard on the stomach and hard to keep up with. To help each of us be at our best, we developed a better approach to providing your body with everything it needs for optimal performance. 75 vitamins, minerals, whole-food sourced superfoods, probiotics, and adaptogens in one convenient daily serving. That’s it.
Our philosophy is to focus on a very small number of products based on what the latest science indicates is essential to human health. Occasionally we create new products, but we never make anything new just to sell you on more.
Our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their health.
We are looking for a Quality Control Packaging Engineer to join our Quality department. This role will be responsible for ensuring that all packaging materials and processes are in compliance with the Athletic Greens’ quality standards. The Packaging Engineer is responsible for maximizing the AG customer value by enhancing existing packaging forms to optimize performance and material utilization. This is accomplished through cross-functional partnerships and a high level of subject matter expertise in packaged goods. The QC Packaging Engineer role will report to the Quality Control Director.
The ideal candidate is driven by aggressively pursuing the highest levels of quality and safety for AG customers and has an ability to identify opportunities that they can work to implement. The successful candidate will join a remote team of high-performing professionals who are passionate about maintaining the brand's reputation for delivering superior products to our loyal customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, review and execute packaging processes and protocols to ensure adherence to company quality standards. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Packaging component qualification
- Inspection Criteria for Nutritional Packaging
- Testing Protocols
- Safety inserts for all product packaging components
- 1st Article Sample and Approval
- Collaborate with the Sourcing and RNI teams on product specifications.
- Conduct root cause analysis for packaging-related errors and develop corrective actions.
- Conduct packaging validations and manage documentation related to packaging materials.
- Work with third-party packaging suppliers to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Develop and execute packaging equipment maintenance and calibration programs.
- Manage packaging engineering projects to drive continuous improvement, such as packaging component optimization.
- Apply Continuous Improvement and/or Value Methodology concepts as it relates to packaging components.
- Manage packaging related change orders.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure packaging materials meet all requirements.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science, or related engineering discipline. Graduate level degree in Packaging or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of success in design, development, and or testing of packaging components in CPG, food, pharmaceutical or dietary supplement industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience with product/process development, packaging material evaluation, and FDA & cGMP regulatory requirements.
- Experience in ASTM (American Society for Testing Materials,) ISTA (Institute of Safe Transits Association) for use in evaluating packaging performance and barriers properties.
- Experience with filling and packaging production equipment. Experience with IQ/OQ/PQ (Initial Qualification/Operational Qualification/Production Qualification) as part of packaging processes.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis and developing corrective actions.
- Strong project management, organizational and team leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven interpersonal skills to positively affect results of cross-functional and internal teams.
- Highly motivated and efficient to drive measurable results.
- Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to manage multiple work streams at once.
- A full life outside of work with personal passions and hobbies!
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Highly competitive compensation and performance-based incentive plans.
- A 100% remote working environment (excluding Laboratory positions), which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process to ensure values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A mission-driven approach to everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customers’ health and wellness.
- A high-growth, dynamic environment with opportunities for your direct impact to be felt.
- Paid holidays, company-wide mental health days, and a generous or unlimited PTO policy (based on your country of residence)
- In-person team meetups for optimal collaboration.
- A work ethic that is based on freedom, where we trust you as the expert on your topic to bring AG to the next level.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to our mission each and every day.
- Access to AG1 product and swag items.
- All other benefits and insurances as required by law, based on your specific country of residence.
AG is dedicated to providing equitable and competitive compensation & benefits packages. For this particular role, the base salary range is $85,000.00 - $108,000.00 and will ultimately be decided at the offer stage, based on an individual candidate’s level of skills and experience aligned with the needs of this role. Base salary is one component of total compensation for this position. We provide a competitive mix of base salary, performance bonus, and stock option allocation for eligible roles.
Athletic Greens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inspiring fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health and we believe this starts in the workplace. We do this by providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and make a difference in the world together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated on Sep 11, 2023