The Navan Global Operations and Service organization is seeking a Manager of Travel Experience to join our growing team. This role provides leadership and operational oversight of Travel Experience teams continuously supporting our customers from multiple locations.
What is your role’s mission(s):
You’ll be primarily responsible for managing, motivating and developing our Business Travel Consultants to ensure they deliver high-quality service to our customers by meeting, maintaining and exceeding established customer service goals and targets. You’ll also be expected to be a committed, confident and engaged Navanian when interacting with our Clients, customers, suppliers, internal teams and key stakeholders.
Job description & expected skills :
- You’re a People Person AND a Leader - You’ll be our Business Travel Consultants people person and point of contact within the team that will lead our BTC to perform above and beyond expectations.
- You’re a master of managing a Team of Business Travel Consultants in multiple locations and in an International set-up.
- Build strong relationships with your direct reports and key stakeholders through effective and positive communication, active listening and positive intent. You’ll leverage your excellent written and spoken communication skills to listen, influence and deliver in a friendly manner and with confidence constructive feedback to your Team and stakeholders.
- Be a Navan ambassador - You’ll be helping other departments with Clients' and Prospects' office visits, when and if appropriate, to showcase the high quality of Service our Clients/Prospects will receive from the Travel Experience Team.
- Performance management - You’ll conduct formal, documented and effective Mentoring and Coaching sessions on a regular basis to play an active and continuous part in your direct reports' improvement, development, progress and career plan. This includes: tracking, providing performance and behavior feedback, doing quality audits and monitoring actively your direct reports' interactions and performance, encouraging desired behaviors and setting clear expectations goals/targets-wise. You’ll also be managing, in a timely manner, underperforming Travel Consultants, engaging the employee when developing Performance Improvement Plans and working in partnership with HR when applicable.
- You’re proficient in performing root cause analysis when opportunities for improvement arise amongst your Team to develop permanent corrective actions to improve performance and process where needed
- Escalations management - You’ll be looking into managing escalations related to your direct reports and Team, deep diving into root cause analysis, providing detailed feedback, taking necessary actions and owning customer issues through to resolution or completion.
- Develop, implement processes and guarantee its execution alongside our internal teams, to ensure recovery from most common service issues.
- Share best practices with all team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of our Customer Service and contribute to the Knowledge Base enhancements.
- Monitor Interaction Queues (Calls, Chats and Emails), SLAs and Team schedules to ensure appropriate adherence and achievement of goals - This includes reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis your direct reports' performance and Team.
- Managing Complexity - You’re able to work effectively in a highly complex, pressure, diverse, changing and demanding service environment.
- You’re capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking, and handling high volume effectively. You adapt well to changes whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and your Team, and on your personal objectives.
- Customer service focus - You’ll produce outstanding results to meet Navan and its customers’ expectations at all levels: your Team, professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. You’re continuously focused on achieving and going beyond expectations contributing to the success of Navan in France and globally.
- Continuous support - In partnership with internal teams, colleagues and key stakeholders, you’ll be reporting and following up on tech issues, clients’ and customers’ complaints and escalations.
- Live interactions - When and if the volume of inbound interactions requires it, you’ll handle calls, chats and emails to mitigate any impact on customer experience and SLA.
- Data-driven - You’re driven by customers and data when making business and people management decisions.
- Active participation & communication - You’ll be actively participating in management activities with your Team, colleagues and Leadership as well as actively and proactively communicating key info to your Business Consultants.
- New hires staff & training - You’ll be actively involved in the new hires recruitment process (screening, interview and decision), onboarding process, and training including delivering it if and when appropriate, and providing inputs to the New Hire Training Program when relevant.
What We’re Looking For:
- An experienced Manager with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the (Business Corporate) Travel Industry or TMC
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in a contact center environment including a minimum of 2-3 years as a Manager/Supervisor or Team Lead (from frontline/back office Agent to Supervisor, for example)
- Fluency in both French and English: written and spoken.
- College degree preferred or proven work experience in the role/industry.
- Customer-Centric: The customer is at the forefront of everything we do - you must live and breathe customer service and promote high customer engagement through all interactions.
- Ability to build relationships and motivate people and teams
- Proven mentor and motivator with a clear understanding of the support requirements, customer base, and challenges facing a fast-growing company.
- Excellent organizational skills & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to work under high pressure and constant changes
- Ability to travel for work in locations outside France where we have Navan offices and/or Navan events (including fairs, conferences, etc).
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, CRM applications (e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, HelpScout, etc)
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, cloud-based help desk applications (e.g. Five9, Freshdesk, Aspect, PureCloud, etc)
- Strong knowledge of GDS such as Amadeus and/or Sabre (both theory and practice)
- Business analytics - you should be able to provide a data-driven approach for operational challenges and strategies.
- Job title: Manager, Travel Experience
- Contract type: we’re offering a permanent contract (probation period is applicable)
- Weekly working hours: open for Full-time only: 35h/week - Rotative schedules applicable within our Operating Hours.
- Operating Hours: Monday to Sunday, from 6 am to 11 pm (Paris time)
- Work location: Paris, France
- In-Office policy: Hybrid - 3 days per week in the office are required
- Job offer published: 09/10/2023
- Job offer reference: 3334
Last updated on Oct 9, 2023