We are looking for additional Customer Fibre Installation Engineers to join our expanding business! We are Airband, an Internet Service Provider bringing broadband to rural areas through a mixture of technologies. Having secured several £multimillion projects, and with the view of acquiring more.
As a business, we believe in working smarter, together, meaning we work collaboratively to find solutions that balance agility and excellence. Our team deliver our services in a fast-paced environment while remaining focused on what's important. Our people passionately strive for excellence by paying attention to detail and working for continuous improvement. In short, we're looking for a Customer Fibre Installation Engineer to undertake installs & servicing to our customers whilst demonstrating our values.
Does this sound like you?
- Customer installation of FTTP as per our quality standards
- Read and understand technical drawing and specification sheets including our current fibre planning software
- Conducting in-depth site survey reports for Fibre deployment (Overhead, underground and the proposal of alternative routes)
- Installation of overhead & underground fibre within PIA requirements
- Responding to and resolving customer faults
- OTDR testing, fusion Splicing, terminating and testing internal and external optical cables in-line with our quality standards
- Assisting other installation teams across the UK where necessary to support customer needs or project timescales
- Liaising with both colleagues and customers; keeping in regular contact with office staff & your team leader
- Pleasant customer manner
- Correct use of safety equipment and procedures, ensuring H&S/Highways guidelines for safe roadside working are always followed and implemented
- Working in accordance with the clients and customers Health and Safety requirements.
- Completing risk assessments
- Maintain high levels of quality in work.
- Always being prepared to respond to issues
- Target of <0.03db loss when fusion splicing on every splice
- H&S/Highways requirements for safe roadside working are diligently followed
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Airshare (employee discount platform) - save up to £1,000 a year
- Christmas & Summer socials
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays, increasing after 2 years’ service an extra day each year worked (up to 30)
- 5% Airband pension plus minimum 3% employee contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (Health Assured)
- Lots of opportunities for progression
- A chance to be involved in Airband’s exciting journey
If you think you have what it takes to be a Customer Fibre Installation Engineer at Airband, then we would love to hear from you!