Hims & Hers Health, Inc. (better known as Hims & Hers) is the leading health and wellness platform, on a mission to help the world feel great through the power of better health. We are revolutionizing telehealth for providers and their patients alike. Making personalized solutions accessible is of paramount importance to Hims & Hers and we are focused on continued innovation in this space. Hims & Hers offers nonprescription products and access to highly personalized prescription solutions for a variety of conditions related to mental health, sexual health, hair care, skincare, heart health, and more.
Hims & Hers is a public company, traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “HIMS”. To learn more about the brand and offerings, you can visit hims.com and forhers.com, or visit our investor site. For information on the company’s outstanding benefits, culture, and its talent-first flexible/remote work approach, see below and visit www.hims.com/careers-professionals.
About the job:
Hims & Hers is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Store Backend Platform team to help build a fast, reliable, and frictionless telemedicine experience. The role will focus mainly within our ecommerce and order management platforms in areas such as product, product catalog, subscriptions, pricing, and payments, building scalable solutions that grow with the company.
- Design and build backend services that power our telehealth and ecommerce platforms
- Collaborate with product managers, principal engineers and your team to guide decisions
- Provide leadership and guidance to internal team members on the implementation of architecture and designs
- Collaborate, lead and deliver cross-domain integration solutions with techniques such as REST and asynchronous design patterns
- Own feature delivery from solution design to production operation
- Implement observability, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Contribute to operational excellence through on-call responsibilities which include issue resolution, root-cause analysis and code improvements to reduce toil
- Coach and mentor team members, including constructive feedback for code and design reviews
- Actively participate in retrospectives and help drive continuous improvement in our architecture, agile process and team culture
- Cross functional team collaboration and communication including product and engineering leadership
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer including languages such as Java and Kotlin
- 3+ years of experience with back end distributed system design, development and delivery, preferably in an eCommerce environment
- 3+ years of experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with Domain Driven Design
- Experience with design, development, delivery and management of microservices hosted on Kubernetes and AWS
- Experience with agile software development and delivery methodologies
- Proficiency with continuous integration/delivery including automated unit and integration test strategies
- Proficiency with Relational Databases, PostgreSQL preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Our Benefits (there are more but here are some highlights):
- Competitive salary & equity compensation for full-time roles
- Unlimited PTO, company holidays, and quarterly mental health days
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental & vision, and parental leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Employee discounts on hims & hers & Apostrophe online products
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Offsite team retreats
Outlined below is a reasonable estimate of H&H’s compensation range for this role.
H&H also offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSU’s) so that H&H employees own a piece of our company.
The actual amount will take into account a range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and location.
Consult with your Recruiter during any potential screening to determine a more targeted range based on the job-related factors. We don’t ever want the pay range to act as a deterrent from you applying!
An estimate of the current salary range for US-based employees is
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Hims & hers is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address.
Last updated on Oct 4, 2023