You will be working as part of the HVAC Mechanical Engineering team designing and/or procuring the plant HVAC systems. You will be preparing technical reports and studies and design documentation, performing calculations using engineering software, and preparing specifications for complex mechanical equipment and supporting systems. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in HVAC mechanical system design and will be capable of developing design documents, including ventilation and instrument diagrams (V&IDs) and equipment data sheets, that incorporate the applicable design requirements, including nuclear safety requirements. You will be interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines and the client in the development of the design. Experience in procurement of packaged equipment is a plus.Responsibilities
- Collect the HVAC, safety, and other data and requirements for HVAC and/or other support systems.
- Design the system and specify the equipment to meet the applicable design requirements.
- Procure the equipment in accordance with applicable QA requirements.
- Coordinate with the engineering group and other disciplines in developing the detailed system design and specifying equipment in a team environment.
- Prepare reports and studies in resolving open technical issues related to the process systems.
- Develop and revise ventilation and instrument diagrams, formal calculations, and equipment datasheets and specifications in completing the detailed design for the system, including equipment selection.
- Support the associated safety analyses and hazards evaluations.
- In addition, it will be required that the candidate have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), can be the face of Client, promoting leadership, quality, and safety values, to external partners including vendors, construction companies, and other subcontractors.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college with nine (9) years of related experience. In lieu of degree,15 years of related experience is required.
- Related experience includes, but is not limited to, V&IDs, calculations, and specifications for Mechanical/HVAC systems and equipment on power plants, refineries, or chemical process facilities.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check, including verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to work site.
- Knowledge of corporate, industry, and regulatory guides, codes, and standards
- Experience working with vendors on procurement of equipment.
- Experience in CGD and/or Environmental Equipment Qualification is desirable but not required.
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering examination.
- Experience with Trane TRACE 700 and VariTrane Duct Designer software Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Last updated on Nov 3, 2023