Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Lead Developer to join us in HELSINKI, FINLAND!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
As our Lead Developer your work is divided between two main priorities, developing state-of-the art software and improving and facilitating our agile software development processes. You get to work hands-on on our modern technology stack, while also coaching and guiding our growing development team (8+ people) on agile best practices. You will use your experience to ensure that we are doing things right and that we can provide an awesome developer experience to our whole team.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL ACHIEVE:
- Contribute to developing our digital mental health products (iOS/Android mobile app and web dashboards) using the following technologies: React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform
- Help us to set up and improve our agile software development process from prioritization to planning, implementation, testing, releases and maintenance
- Coach and mentor team members on agile development best practices
- Facilitate agile development ceremonies and process
- Together with our Tech Lead, test and choose new technologies, coding practices and tools
- Together with our Product Management team ensure that our developers are focusing on working on what matters most
- Ensure great developer experience
- You will work closely with our CTO as a thought partner to help us improve our ways of working when it comes to technology and development
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- You are driven to learn and develop. We are always trying to work with the best tools and methodologies, and hope you too are motivated to learn and apply new concepts
- You are passionate about agile software development, best practices and want yourself and the team to do their best and improve continuously
- Needed flexibility to work in a startup environment where many processes and policies are not in place, and change is the only constant
- Adaptability is essential, as this role may require flexibility in working hours to collaborate effectively with global teams across different time zones
- Able to work collaboratively with different teams and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing tasks to generate the biggest impact
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience working with technology stack similar to our stack (React/React Native, TypeScript, Node.js. GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience on agile development as a team member and through trainings and certifications (e.g. Scrum, Lean development, LeSS, SAFe)
- Proven experience from leading agile software development processes, for example as a Scrum master, Agile Coach, Team manager or similar
- Excellent facilitation, coaching and communication skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
What would distinguish you from other candidates:
- Experience on managing and leading software development teams
- Experience on building agile development processes from ground up
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and related regulations and practices
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Innovation. As our Lead Developer, you will have ownership over maintaining and improving our agile software development processes, making sure that we are using the latest industry best practices and tools. We will look up to you to be innovative and creative when it comes to us improving our developer experience.
- Community. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Product Management, IT and Analytics teams in a fast-growing and dynamic digital mental health care company. You’ll get to surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- Impact. You’ll utilize many facets of your adaptable skill-set, integrating your strong communication abilities, keen attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement to play several essential roles in Meru Health’s operational success.
- Growth & Mentorship. You will receive exceptional mentorship and resources to support your growth and overall success, while you get to do the same for our developers.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Highly competitive salary + stock options
- Benefits: Heltti Insurance
- Phone expense reimbursement benefit
- Wellness and Home office stipends
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers
- Flexible work hours at our Helsinki office and possibility to work remotely
- Much more coming very soon!
Last updated on Oct 19, 2023