You know New World, PAK’nSAVE and Four Square right? That’s us! We are one of NZ’s biggest companies, you may just not know it, because in true Kiwi style – we are humble about it (apart from right now maybe)! Our purpose built office is close to Auckland Airport and is home to New Zealand’s largest Distribution Centre and our Support Centre where our team of 1000 people strong, all strive towards becoming one of the most customer driven retailers in the world.
About the role
As a Delivery Lead in the IT Shared Services Team, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the efforts of delivery teams to deliver top quality initiatives that efficiently realise valuable outcomes to the Foodstuffs business.
As part of the IT Shared Services leadership team you will be expected to leverage your domain and delivery knowledge to ensure that IT maintains a coherent cross-functional plan to deliver across multiple related work streams, effectively managing resourcing and change impact risks.
Your main responsibilities will include:
· Overseeing the daily activities of the delivery teams and providing direction and guidance as needed – ensuring that the delivery effort is of a high standard and that the required quality is delivered. The focus will be on the infrastructure, integration, testing and projects delivery teams although it is expected that there is collaboration with other IT teams
· Performing resource and capacity planning, allocations and workload assignments according to delivery requirements and business priorities; and working collaboratively with the resource managers to plan required resources.
· Completion of required business cases and funding requests for specific initiatives and/or continuous improvement funding buckets along with providing the agreed status and financial reporting and contributing to the annual budgeting and quarterly drawdown processes.
· Working alongside the Product Manager to plan the delivery roadmaps; and collaborate on the discovery efforts and ensuring that the team maintains high level of competence and operational excellence.
· Actively identifying, reporting, and managing delivery risks and issues.
· Engaging with stakeholders (business, delivery squads, project teams, other IT teams, change management) on requirements, timelines, and dependencies.
· Contributing to the quarterly planning processes, where applicable ensuring that the required resources are secured from teams both within and external to IT Shared Services
With a great attitude, attention to detail, exceptional communication skills and a team approach, you’ll be easy to get along with and able to work with a variety of people. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, where your passion and drive to make a difference and grow is recognised.
Task-orientated with excellent problem-solving skills, keys to your success will also include:
· At least 10 years exposure to and experience in modern project delivery practices (including PMBOK, Prince2 and Agile) is a must. Being familiar with the Agile ways of working, technologies, and ceremonies is critical in this role.
· Previous technical experience (e.g., infrastructure delivery) as well as prior experience managing technical teams. Advantageous to be knowledgeable about the specific software and technologies in use with the Foodstuffs landscape including SAP.
· An appreciation for strategy, value, process, accelerating technologies, user centric design, agile practices and a practical approach to ensuring all this is brought together in efficient solution design and delivery.
· Commercially & financially savvy. You will be an experienced negotiator and able to make decisions and recommendations on product features that add value have a quality focus and achieve high ROI from both the business and customer perspectives.
· Able to deal with ambiguity and abstract concepts, changing priorities and managing multiple concurrent tasks within tight timeframes. A smart innovator with a drive for research, innovation and continuous improvement and constantly looking to expand the concept of “what’s possible”.
· Technology infrastructure procurement and delivery processes experience is advantageous for this role
· Experience leading Agile delivery teams in the IT environment. Ability and skill to encourage teamwork and motivate others along with strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot effectively, working collaboratively with the rest of IT and Business to resolve issues.
What’s in it for you
In return, we offer a competitive salary package, including fully subsidised health insurance, flexible working, free parking, onsite subsidised café and mini mart, participation in the company superannuation fund and lots of learning and development opportunities!
Experience Awesome. Achieve Awesome. Be Awesomely You
We’re proud to have a focus on Diversity & Inclusion here at Foodies and welcome applications from you all regardless of who you are or what you do. We welcome courageous behaviour, encourage togetherness, inspire our people to be their best selves in our Foodies whānau, but most importantly we celebrate our people - our taonga, every day for being uniquely them.