Masterworks is a fintech platform that allows anyone to invest in shares of SEC-qualified blue-chip paintings by names like Banksy, Monet, and Picasso. The company has 450,000 users on its platform and has become the largest buyer in the art market.
Masterworks has more than 180 employees, and has been featured in major media publications such as The NY Times, CNBC, CNN, WSJ, and more. After becoming profitable in early 2020, just three years after being founded, Masterworks raised $110M in its Series A round with a valuation of over $1 billion.
With the exception of our tech team, all employees work in our offices at Brookfield Place in the Financial District of New York City.
We’re looking for a senior leader with experience managing performance marketing budgets in excess of $25M per year to help with our growth trajectory. You will lead a 25+ person organization comprised of platform (paid social, search, native), media buying (influencers, newsletters, podcasts), and creative. You will work closely with our executive team to scale our marketing efforts globally and help drive user acquisition.
The Marketing team of ~25 people is responsible for generating leads for our retail sales team on a daily basis. Our marketing group is organized into the following groups:
- Marketing Analytics
- Platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Tiktok, Quora, etc.)
- Programmatic Native and Display
- Creative (Copywriting & Design)
Position and Responsibilities Overview:
- Directly manage the team and be responsible for individual performance, coaching, hiring
- Full budget ownership across different channels
- Ensure we meet our forecast goals by aligning spend, efficiency, testing new platforms, and ad creative
- Running daily meetings and defining processes with your team
- Establish highly productive internal processes to ensure strategy meets business objectives
- Manage external agencies and data partners
Requirements or Skill Sets:
- 10+ years of executive-level experience in a high-growth, fintech business strongly preferred
- Overseen a $20M+ marketing budget across all areas of marketing (online/offline, acquisition/retention, affiliate, influencer)
- Expert knowledge of digital or traditional channels from targeting, creative, and testing at scale
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a track record of implementing the appropriate systems, organizational structures, and processes
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail
- Experience with web analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe/Omniture
Measurements of Success after 90 days:
- Strategically increase marketing spend 10% MoM while maintaining efficiency
- Hire key roles (campaign managers, media buyers, data analysts)
- Activate 2 new channels at $1K/day spend while meeting internal KPIs
- Must be eligible for full-time US work - no exceptions.
- Must be able to work from our NY office