SPARCK is the design and innovation heart of technology consultancy BJSS. This unique relationship means we can design and deliver innovative products and services for people and the planet, in a human-centred way.
We operate from 26 locations across the UK, Europe, Australia, and the United States. We bring together teams of creative experts with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who enjoy working and learning in our collaborative and open culture and are committed to world-class delivery.
We look for people with a passion for making an impact by bringing their own unique experiences and ideas. So if you are someone who thrives on collaborating, solving problems, and getting stuff done, we’d love to hear from you.
We want to continue to grow our team with people just like you!
About the Role
We're looking for a senior service designer who can help our clients create simple engaging experiences for their users. You will:
- Build excellent stakeholder relationships
- Help define the strategy and tactics necessary to create great services
- Lead research and design teams to understand user needs and identify opportunities to improve user experiences
- Iterate designs and evidence your decisions with user research and data
- Work with product and content designers and technical teams to develop connected end-to-end services that meet the needs of current and future users
- Co-design and collaborate openly to improve your designs, through planning and facilitating workshops and peer reviews
- Support less experienced colleagues to do their work to a high standard
- Advocate for service design with clients and across the wider SPARCK community
- Share your knowledge with the SPARCK community, stay up to date with service design best practice, and write blogs
- An experienced professional with a strong background in design thinking and user-centred design.
- Skilled at leading R&D teams, translating strategy into implementation to deliver meaningful results for clients.
- Confident in managing multiple stakeholders of ranging backgrounds and seniority.
- A team player who collaborates with clients, developers, and stakeholders to balance user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- A great communicator with experience in running workshops and presenting to senior stakeholders.
- A resourceful planner, eager to enhance the design process through collaboration with various disciplines.
- Visually creative with the ability to produce engaging digital artefacts with strong aesthetics.
The role can be based in either our Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Newcastle, Exeter or Nottingham offices and we operate a hybrid working model.
Some of the Perks
- Flexible benefits allowance – you choose how to spend your allowance (additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more)
- Industry leading health and wellbeing plan - we partner with several wellbeing support functions to cater to each individual's need, including 24/7 GP services, mental health support, and other
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid working - Our roles are not fully remote as we take pride in the tight knit communities we have created at our local offices. But we offer plenty of flexibility and you can split your time between the office, client site and WFH
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle, and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme with no limits on the number of referrals
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles, including unlimited access to O’Reilly
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from diverse backgrounds into tech
- You will become part of a squad with people from different areas within the business who will help you grow at BJSS
- We have a busy social calendar that you can choose to join– quarterly town halls/squad nights out/weekends away with families included/office get togethers
- GymFlex gym membership programme
We want to ensure that everyone can perform to their best during the interview process. Please let us know, at any stage, if you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Last updated on Oct 5, 2023