Exscientia is an AI-driven pharmatech company committed to discovering, designing and developing the best possible drugs in the fastest and most effective manner. Exscientia developed the first-ever functional precision oncology platform to successfully guide treatment selection and improve patient outcomes in a prospective interventional clinical study, as well as to progress AI-designed small molecules into the clinical setting. Our pipeline demonstrates our ability to rapidly translate scientific concepts into precision-designed therapeutic candidates, with more than 25 projects underway. By designing better drugs, faster, we believe the best ideas of science can rapidly become the best medicines for patients. The Wetlab Scientist NGS position is crucial to our continuous growth and will significantly contribute to our mission to develop better medicines, faster, to people around the world.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to our in-house NGS capabilities (e.g., genome, transcriptome, epigenome and single-cell sequencing)
- Handling samples and quality control of material for next-generation sequencing (RNA and DNA)
- Execute NGS library preparations (manually and with liquid handling robotics)
- Sequence on Illumina sequencing machines
- Work closely with teams from translational target development, research and development, and bioinformatics.
- Solid wet-lab experience and skills working with DNA and/or RNA
- Prior experience with next-generation sequencing technologies
- High accuracy and reliability in execution of experiments and operating lab equipment
- Friendly, collaborative mindset, and to work effectively in an international environment
- Team player with strong communication skills and a proactive mindset
- Positive can-do attitude, lots of curiosity and the desire to make a difference
- Work together to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- We will work with you to kick-start or further grow your career – from funding for professional development and conference attendance. To also ensuring you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- A highly competitive compensation package in accordance with the Austrian collective bargaining agreement, starting from a minimum of 45.000,-€ gross per year. We will negotiate an attractive package and overpayment based on your background and previous work experience.
- Our team’s health and well-being is important to us we offer a generous holiday allowance, provide flexible working and remote working to encourage all of our team to manage their own work, time and life along with wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- We offer daily lunch, regular team events and lots of opportunities for casual networking.
- Hear from our team why they enjoy working here