Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
You will be joining an agile organization and will be an integral member in growing the wholesale business globally. As the Director of International, you will play a key role in leading and shaping our strategic & integrated planning for International Expansion and have key responsibilities of sell-in and sell-through. You will have the opportunity to partner on building & executing the three-year international roadmap to achieve the Company’s goals.
6 Month Expectation
- Build & execute international wholesale strategy and business plan in partnership with VP of Global Sales for significant expansion through new regions
- Develop and lead relationships with international partners
- Create project plan for execution of three year roadmap internationally
- Manage and track progress across functions, workstreams, and key milestones; oversee cross-functional execution to deliver on launch strategy and ongoing execution
- Responsible for P&L management of international accounts and responsible for delivering on net & retail sales goals, managing operational expenses and EBITDA targets
- Partner with Operations/Logistics and Planning teams to determine inventory planning and forecasting approach and execution, fulfillment requirements and technology support
- Partner with Brand, Product, and Marketing leadership and teams to develop product assortment strategy and appropriate/required product refinements, as well as marketing activation and launch strategy
- Manage retailer coop budgets to drive business results
- Partner with owned Retail and Ecommerce partners to coordinate marketplace opportunities and channel optimization online & offline
12+ Month Expectations
- Launch and execute strategy in market
- Manage day-to-day partnership and business with wholesale partner(s)
- Optimize business performance on monthly, quarterly, annual basis to drive revenue and profitability
- Develop sales plans to drive performance across accounts and doors
- Ensure brand presentation consistent with Glossier standards, and seek opportunities for driving incremental brand and business growth
- Continue to refine & optimize 3 year international expansion plan
- 8+ years’ in sales/marketing function in beauty industry, specifically with potential international retail partner(s) under consideration
- Strategic thinker and orientation, with tactical project management execution skillset
- Cross functional collaboration and partnership across marketing, product, operations, technology and finance
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally - with senior management, communicate effectively in meetings and describe deliverables and project milestones - and build rapport with senior management with external partners
- Ability to develop spreadsheet formats, databases, general correspondence and oral/visual presentations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum compensation range for this position:
- The estimated annual pay range for this role is $145,000-189,000
- There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role.
- Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units, Paid Time Off, Short Term and Long Term Disability leave, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Last updated on Sep 21, 2023