SHIFT: Second Shift (Sunday through Thursday 3pm to 11:30pm)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis under the direction of the Operations Manager. Actively supervise the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service level objectives and cost objectives. Must meet key KPI’s targets relative to accuracy of product selected and shipped to customers. Assist in development of warehouse associate’s skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and coordinate unloading and orderly slotting of inbound shipments and picking, staging, and loading of outbound shipments in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all materials handling equipment within a safe work environment.
- Communication, coordination and support of all policies and procedures within the warehouse and company.
- Conduct performance reviews and implement/ manage development plans for supervised staff.
- Train assigned personnel to accurately and consistently use warehouse management systems.
- Communicate work expectations and results achieved to assigned personnel.
- Participate in establishing work schedules; ensure that schedules are correctly implemented and jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area as well as assist in maintaining the warehouse in a safe and secure manner.
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assure the integrity of inventory.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team by helping to create programs for training and professional development.
- Involved in interview, hiring, review, discipline and termination process for day warehouse personnel.
- Ensure that all union associates comply with the provision of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) its related Work Rules and company safety policies and procedures and applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP'S).
- Takes action through coaching and counseling of both associates and management to correct behaviors and methods to prevent future occurrences.
- Analyzes the current operations and makes recommendations to improve on expense and cost control.
- Works with operations management team to identify sources of inventory shrink and assists in development of an action plan.
- Monitors a variety of operational information, such as "mis-picks" and productivity reports, to insure individual order selectors and the entire shift are meeting rates and following preferred methods. Takes action through coaching and counseling to correct behaviors
- Communicate with buyers on stock shorts, overages, and damages to correct problems and to reduce customer shortages
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School diploma or general equivalency degree required, four-year degree preferred.
- Proficient with operating a personal computer and use of MS Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint and other required program
- Prior warehouse experience with inventory control and distribution policy/procedure.
- Food distribution industry experience and safety knowledge preferred.
- Previous successful management experience (communication, coaching, organizational skills) preferred.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment.
- Ability to work and lead positively and cooperatively with others to create effective work relationships across temperatures and departments.
- Willingness to pursue opportunities for on-going education and acquire knowledge to continually increase supervisory skills.
- Ability to accept changing work demands and seek opportunities to improve warehouse operations.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Occasional overnight travel required; ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license and safe driving record
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive standing and/ or walking.
- Temperature extremes may vary from -10 degrees below zero to high heat and humidity.
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed.