Sideworx Connect Inc. is a leading temporary staffing solution company in Alberta, dedicated to connecting talented workers like you with top-notch client companies in the oil and gas industry.
We have a significant demand for multi-skilled workers, and we want YOU to be a part of our team!
The COIL Operator is responsible for providing supervision to the crew and coordinating crew schedules, updates, and changes. Additional responsibilities and awareness of details and requirements of the job.
- Supervision of the crew, coordinating schedules including changes and updates
- Able to redress BOP’s, Quads and Combi’s
- Understanding the various permit requirements for the Rig and Picker
- Emergency shut-down procedures of the Rig and Picker
- Installation of reel and stabbing tube into the injector
- Tube-to-tube grapple and cable grapple
- Rotating joint and inspection requirements
- Set up of the Picker and completion of the operational checklist
- Remote setup of BOP controls and associated requirements
- Awareness and identification of the critical components listing
- Use of Element Business Systems (EBS) to close out jobs and filling out WOT’s
- Attend pre-job safety meetings
- Comply with applicable legislation including safe operation, driver's hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, fatigue management
- Maneuver equipment following appropriate hand signals.
- Maintain driver logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status.
- Maintains effective communication with co-workers
- Class 1 or 3 driver's license with Air brake endorsement
- Satisfactory driving record
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Multi-tasking, use of timelines, and time management
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional demeanor under stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confident, consistent decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision; work independently in a busy environment
- Able to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- H2S Alive and CSO
- First Aid/CPR
- Work Conditions
- Physical ability to lift to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations required
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) e.g. coveralls, steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
Job Type: Full-time
- oil and gas: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 1 Licence
- Safety Tickets - First Aid, H2S Alive and CSO
- Clean Abstract of the last 6 years.
Last updated on Feb 6, 2024