At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years. We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you!
Arkadium is seeking an exceptional and experienced Engineering Manager of Web to manage and level up the development of our award-winning gaming platforms.
This role is open to candidates based in Portugal. Business hours are 9-18 WEST (UTC+1).
- Lead end-to-end development of scalable and high-performance full-stack applications
- Architect and design comprehensive and robust full-stack solutions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and technical requirements
- Provide technical and thought leadership as our web industry subject matter expert
- Hire, lead, and manage a small team of web engineers and QA engineers, including technical training, task planning, code reviews, and career growth coaching
- Organize the software development life cycle from code to release, strategically partnering with Product Owners and Project Managers to effectively deliver high impact products and optimize processes
- Optimize application performance by identifying and addressing bottlenecks in both front-end and back-end components
- Implement and enforce security best practices for data protection and user authentication
- Advance the capabilities of the engineering team by researching and integrating innovative tools such as automation, Generative AI, and other industry-leading technologies
- 5+ year experience building scalable, consumer-facing web products
- Experience managing a team of engineers, overseeing their career growth
- Strong foundational knowledge of software engineering
- Strong proficiency in modern front-end frameworks (React, Svelte, or Vue.js) and server-side programming languages (Node.js)
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Practical experience in delivering software, leveraging cloud infrastructure on Microsoft Azure
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Working knowledge of data protection laws and practices (CCPA and GDPR)
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Meaningful supplemental health insurance for you and your household (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Meal allowance
- Additional budget for conferences you are interested in
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- Time off from Christmas Eve through New Year's Day so we can all enjoy the holidays
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun
- Summer Fridays: 4 Fridays off throughout the Summer to have more fun in the sun
Last updated on Feb 9, 2024