Job Description: Utility Coordinator
Location San Antonio
Pay Range Commiserate with Industry Experience
Schedule Typically Monday through Friday working as many hours as necessary successfully perform the job, some night work
The Utility Coordinator will manage maintenance, rehabilitation, improvements, and reconstruction of utilities within ongoing Heavy Civil projects. Reports to the Utility Manager.
- Assist with the identification, communication, and resolution of utility conflicts on large TxDOT Heavy Civil Design Build Projects
- Develop RFP's, RFQ's, RFI's, CO's and other type of Construction documents such as daily reports, specifications and correspondence
- Apply company quality assurance guidelines and procedures for construction, project documents, time and budget management
- Assist and conduct meetings and presentations
- Assist with the management and coordination of Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) investigations
- Frequent communication, both verbal and written between project disciplines, clients and utility owners to ensure project delivery and maintain schedules
- Work independently, and with project team(s), to meet client and project needs and objectives.
- Review and perform QA/QC concerning the Utility Management Plan, Utility company agreements, plans, specifications, cost estimates and invoices
- Assist and prepare client deliverables, Utility exhibits, project guides, project reviews, project invoices
- Provides Utility Coordination and Oversight services for Construction and Design
- Schedule and attend Utility Meetings, Public Utility Meetings, TxDOT / Municipality coordination meetings
- Reviews plans and estimates to evaluate compliance with guidelines, rules, and regulations. • Assists with determining eligibility and betterment ratios
- Reviews and/or processes Utility estimates and/or budgets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Construction, or Business, or combination of education and relevant experience (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read and understand civil transportation engineering design plans
- Ability to read and understand Utility installation and adjustment plans and agreements
- Position requires strong communication, both verbal and written, organization skills, attention to detail, scheduling and problem-solving skills
- Experience with TxDOT ROW and Utility policies/procedures.
- Proficient in Excel, Bluebeam REVU, Word, Microsoft Projects, and PDF
- Familiarity with the TxDOT ROW Utility Manual and Texas Administrative Code Utility Accommodation Rules, knowledge of principles of utility coordination and associated terminology.
- 1-4 years related experience
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time. Mobility within the office including movement between floors and workstations.
- Repeated motions (typing, reaching, bending, lifting, etc.)
- Communication with other employees and clients. Job site observations factors include: walking and climbing on uneven surfaces, exposure to outdoor environments and extreme weather (heat and freezing temperatures), noise exposure, driving for extended periods of time, exposure to allergens (e.g., pollen, dust, cedar, sumac, poison ivy), exposure to construction and traffic work zones, possible hand and power tool use
- Some travel may be required.
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Alamo NEX provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Alamo NEX complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Last updated on Sep 3, 2021