iCapital is powering the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, and banks evaluate and recommend bespoke public and private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $176 billion in global client assets invested in 1,433 funds, as of December 2023.
iCapital has been named to the Forbes Fintech 50 for six consecutive years (2018-2023); a three-time selection by Forbes to its list of Best Startup Employers (2021-2023); and a three-time winner of MMI/Barron’s Solutions Provider award (See link below).
About the Role
Elevate your event management skills and join a dynamic team at iCapital! iCapital is looking to hire a brilliant and experienced Events Manager to orchestrate client events that leave a lasting impression. This individual will play a key role in strengthening client relationships, boosting iCapital's brand, and achieving event goals flawlessly. This position will work with the Global Head of Experiential Marketing and Events to assist in the planning and management of all aspects of sponsorship and proprietary events.
- Manage the planning, production, and execution of our propriety events and third-party sponsorship activations.
- Help manage the conference calendar utilizing Monday.com.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events including contract negotiations, venue selection and preparation, presentation materials, registration website builds and attendee management through Cvent, catering, entertainment, audio visual, transportation, equipment, décor, and marketing materials.
- Create individual timelines for all events and sponsorships to drive consistency and accountability to ensure all projects are on strategy, on brand, and budget.
- Work closely with the Sales team on opportunities and deliverables as it relates to available sponsored speaking sessions or any content-related opportunities.
- Own the day-to-day management of assigned event operations and partnerships that support pipeline goals and event initiatives. Step in to fill holes where needed in an ever-changing event landscape.
- Manage administrative duties (compliance approvals, contract management, vendor onboarding, vendor payment, etc.) utilizing iCapital’s preferred processes and systems.
- Think outside the box and push team members to bring innovative ideas and solutions to the greater team to keep our events dynamic and engaging.
- 8-12+ years of experience managing in-person events end-to-end
- Strategic thinker, self-starter that can see the larger picture and help evolve and grow the event strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, communications, or related field desired
- Required proficiency in Cvent and experience with project management tool Monday.com preferred
- Proficient in virtual event platforms (Teams, Zoom) and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Specialized knowledge in third-party vendor selection, negotiation, and contracting for sponsorships, venues, and DMCs
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills and able to keep projects within budget
- Project Management:
- Proven ability to plan, manage, and execute multiple events and sponsorships simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and able to think and plan proactively and ahead of schedule while managing conflicting priorities and changing elements
- Able to work independently and manage complex event projects in a fast-paced environment
- Keen business professionalism, insight, and remain calm under pressure. Represent the company at events and make decisions on its behalf.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally and work across time zones. Willing to work extended hours as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Able to work in an office and lift to 40 lbs
The hourly range for this role is $50.00 to $90.00 per hour and will be located in our Greenwich, CT office.
We believe the best ideas and innovation happen when we are together. We offer most employees the flexibility to work in the office three or four days. Every department has different needs, and some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc | Awards Disclaimer: https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us/recognition/
iCapital is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Last updated on Feb 7, 2024