At Aviso Wealth, we are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of Canadians. As a leading wealth management organization, we are committed to leadership, innovation, partnership, responsibility, and community. Working with talented and energetic professionals who exemplify our values every day, you will quickly notice that our people and dynamic ‘oneaviso’ culture sets us apart. If you are looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, find out more about what Aviso Wealth has to offer at www.aviso.ca.
We’re looking for a Manager, Operations - Settlements & Banking to join our Operations team.
Your role will be required to regularly perform essential duties on behalf of the company from your assigned Aviso office. Your role is considered low flexibility, requiring you to work onsite 4-5 days per week at our office at 151 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON.
Reporting to the Director, Operations the Manager, Operations - Settlements & Banking is responsible for leading the Settlements & Banking teams within the Operations Department with a focus on achieving service level agreements for our Credit Union Partners. The Manager, Operations - Settlements & Banking will lead a team of professionals focused on finding efficiencies and system enhancements.
Who you are:
- Service – You consider both internal and external stakeholders and demonstrate intent of understanding and putting the clients’ needs first. You advocate service excellence and work to deliver solutions that meet the needs. You proactively develop strategic partnerships that allow Aviso Wealth to become a trusted advisor and partner
- Execution – You are committed to achieving your goals and to succeed. This includes focusing on “getting things done”, as well as recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities as they arise. You are consistently looking for ways to improve your personal best and see value in continuous improvement. You take accountability for your actions and learn from mistakes
- Collaboration – You work collaboratively with others with the common goal of driving positive results. Making meaningful contributions to your team to achieve organizational goals is a priority. You proactively encourage collaboration, build trust and inclusion, and work to establish effective relationships both inside and outside of the organization
- Leadership – You lead your team and provide regular direction, guidance, coaching, and motivation, all while striving for peak performance. You assist them in overcoming obstacles through additional resources, removal of roadblocks, and providing the level of support required for their success. You delegate and deliver feedback based on the in-depth understanding of your individual team members
What your day looks like:
- Set a positive leadership culture through gaining respect of staff, peers and stakeholders
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development
- Coach staff to ensure they fully understand their responsibilities and their value to Aviso, maintaining employee engagement and motivating to improve performance
- Responsible for service levels relating to processing and managing information in accordance with operations procedures, company policies and industry regulations
- Proactively provide communications between our internal and external partners and maintain service levels and problem resolution at the highest level
- Manage activities of Operations functions to ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions with prompt follow-up on any exceptions
- Assist with all internal and external audits and be involved with requirements related to Qualified Intermediaries (QI)
- Maintain our book of record system providing the storage of documentation, through our various business lines
- Accountable for all operational bank & settlements related processing and control account reconciliations
Your experience and skills:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce, Business Management or a related field is an asset
- Minimum 5 years of progressive work experience in the Mutual Fund or Brokerage industry, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or IFIC Operations course would be an asset
- Strong people leadership and talent management skills, including attracting and hiring talent, engagement with staff and a focus on individual and team development
- Keen business acumen, business judgement and problem-solving skills in order to serve as a trusted advisor
- Ability to work independently to achieve required objectives, within Company and regulatory requirements
- Self-motivated, results orientated with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Proven decision-making, prioritizing, and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management and staff
- Fluent communication skills in English are required and bilingual skills in French are an asset
Why Aviso Wealth?
At Aviso Wealth, you will find a dynamic and inclusive culture that rewards innovation and celebrates success.
Here are a few things that set us apart:
- Competitive compensation package that rewards and recognizes individual contributions
- Excellent health, dental and insurance benefits to meet the diverse needs of our employees
- Generous vacation time, fitness benefit, parental leave top-up options
- Matching contributions to our retirement program
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of our staff through learning & development and an education assistance program
- Regular social events to foster teamwork
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.
Aviso Wealth powers businesses that empower investors. We are a national, integrated financial services company, with approximately $110 billion in assets under administration and management. Aviso Wealth is owned by Credit Union Centrals, Co-operators / CUMIS and Desjardins. Our mutual funds dealer, securities brokerage, and insurance dealer support thousands of financial advisors at credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Direct Investing, and our digital advice platform, Qtrade Guided Portfolios, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, offers a comprehensive lineup of responsible investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors. Aviso Wealth also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. We have operations in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal with a regional office in Winnipeg. More information about Aviso Wealth is available at www.aviso.ca.
This position is posted with an expected salary range of $87,000 - $111,000 CAD annually. Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate and the requirements of the position.
Last updated on Aug 8, 2023