Who We Are
We are change agents. We are inspired technologists. We are unlike any other technology consulting firm. Our team fearlessly challenges the status quo, relentlessly pursues what’s next and pushes the limits of what’s possible. A Microsoft Gold Partner and multiple time Partner of the Year award recipient, Concurrency is renowned for its ability to turn unmatched technology expertise into client outcomes. Have we inspired the technologist in you? Come be a change agent at Concurrency.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re excited to add an experienced Payroll & Benefits Specialist to our team. This HR professional is not only knowledgeable in HR practices but also possesses the interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee record administration, payroll, HR related reporting, on/off boarding and policy implementation.
What You'll Do
- Process bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Be the expert and administrator of ADP and processes within ADP. This includes and is not limited to payroll, PTO, annual reviews, benefits, and any other system changes.
- Participates in audits to ensure wage, taxes, enrollments, and dependent information is correct.
- Administration of various benefits programs including wellness, health, retirement LTD, STD and life insurance
- Assist in the planning and budgeting around employee benefit plans, including vendor selection, and negotiations of contracts and accompanying pricing.
- Manage the Open enrollment process including but not limited to the planning, roll out and audit.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best practice operations.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary employees, transfers, promotions, and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
- Conducts employee eligibility verifications.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, and occupational health and safety.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommends best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist with other employee experience tasks like birthday celebrations, anniversary rewards, and employee recognition programs.
- Order flowers and gifts when a new life event happens with our employees.
- Lead our Wellness Employee Resource Group, CNCYFit, to own our company wellness program.
- Assist with onsite events, mail collection, and ordering for employee refreshments and snacks.
What You'll Need
- Strong understanding and experience of human resources best practices.
- Proficient in HRIS (Human Resources Information System).
- Ability to lead HR initiatives and taking initiative and anticipating HR needs before they arise.
- ADP Workforce Now experience or HRIS equivalent.
- Demonstrable knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll and tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Exceptional integrity, work ethic, and commitment to confidentiality
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of HR experience.
- Payroll experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or PHR certification a plus or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire date.
Concurrency takes pride in bringing a different mindset to consulting—that takes a diversity of thought, collaboration and resilience. We are an innovation-obsessed yet a fun and progressive place to work. We offer flexible work schedules, competitive compensation, and great benefits for our people and their families.
In addition, all employees are eligible for several rewards and recognition programs, excellent training programs, and bonus opportunities to encourage our people to be the best versions of themselves in and out of work.
Last updated on Jan 26, 2024